The "stupidest" attempt to disprove evolution?

FreeThinker

Dr. Phil Fernandes on evolution

Please have a listen to this guy. It is far beyond ridicules, it is unbelievable! Where do they get these people from? The funniest thing is how he described, rightly so, that DNA and said that mutations do not add new letters, they just mix up the existing ones. But than he used this as his argument that novel characteristics could not evolve! This guy makes Dr. Dino look like a genius. OK, maybe not.

Corrected. The link works now.

google video error. either you messed up th link or there is a server error.

is that thing with the genetics the same as saying that there will be no new books because there can be no new letters. its just a jumble of the same old letters?

That is what he is claiming. He obviously doesn't understand that the 4 letters of DNA translate into 20 amino acids , which can translate into a unimaginable number of different proteins.

As always, religion and science can only get along when one isn't used to destroy the other. Starting from the premise that evolution MUST be wrong because it doesn't agree with one's religion is a sure way to further fractured observations.

He describes the possibility of a first cause and an infinite regression, then says that there's "no scientific evidence for either of these"

Yup.

However, he seems to be glossing over the fact that God as the creator of the universe implies a first cause.

The funniest thing is how he described, rightly so, that DNA and said that mutations do not add new letters, they just mix up the existing ones.

Clearly polyploidy was invented by the "evolutionists" to patch up this basic hole in their "theory", and all that "evidence" has been fabricated

Oh, he gets a few knocks in on Peter Singer as well, for suggesting that newborns have fewer morally relevant properties than a fully grown pig, and calls that a "direct consequence of atheistic evolution"

Yup

Then he goes on to call him a Nazi. Godwin's Law anyone?

Oh jesus, then he goes on to rip on him for not being a "strong-looking man", not being a former Marine, and having skinny arms. WTF!

The funniest thing is how he described, rightly so, that DNA and said that mutations do not add new letters, they just mix up the existing ones. But than he used this as his argument that novel characteristics could not evolve!

isn't that like saying you can't get apes from peas?

BUT WAIT, YOU CAN!!!!!12

I watched the first few minutes of the program. What is evident is that that there is a lot of money and effort going into spreading the word against evolution.

From what I can gather not watching the full program is that they have taken our gaps in the understanding of evolution and used them to completley debunk the theory. Not exactly a balanced view, as the presenter suggested.

I think it is good that people question and examine scientific theory, it is the only way to develope science. But done in this way it can be very damaging.

On a slightly different topic, what do these kinds of people think about cosmology, theoretical physics and mathematics?

Fernandez is an "amateur." He uses the same tired nonsense, but shows he has not yet memorized the party line, which is evident at many instances, especially when he botches Behe's botched argument and left the door open for the more rational viewers to see just how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Part 1 of 2 is up (took more than a day to transcribe and counter 15 mins of the video' date=' so Part 2 is ocming next weekend).

I would appreciate lots of lovely feedback via the comments system :)[/quote']

I can certainly sympathize, transcibing and criticizing this propaganda is incredibly time consuming, because every line is either a flat out lie or absolute nonsense.

Bascule,

Oh' date=' he gets a few knocks in on Peter Singer as well, for suggesting that newborns have fewer morally relevant properties than a fully grown pig, and calls that a "direct consequence of atheistic evolution"

Yup

Then he goes on to call him a Nazi. Godwin's Law anyone?[/quote']

Thats kind of an odd thing to say about Singer, who is Jewish and whose grandparents were Holocaust survivors. Oh wait, thats because Dr Fernades has never actually read the writings of the guy he's criticizing...

Oh jesus, then he goes on to rip on him for not being a "strong-looking man", not being a former Marine, and having skinny arms. WTF!

He's a lot more attractive than most 60-year-old men I've seen :)

• 2 months later...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_hovind

He wins by default. I've seen numerous videos made by him (every single one made my brain go on tangets). Those people you linked to are stupid, yes, but this guy takes the cake.

http://www.drdino.com/downloads.php

Aka: Dr. Dino. This guy not only spent and gained millions of dollars brainwashing people with lies, but he's now arrested by the IRS and could be thrown in jail for over 100 years.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hole e shit mon. paraphrasing - "I teach my students the information theyll need to counter what their secular professors will lecture to them about in college."

Yes. he does. and when little becky martinson is sitting in bio101 learning about deletions, insertions, duplications and transformation she'll immediately believe this is nonsense. thanks dr. phil.

note: garble? like... youve a doctorates degree dude. and youre recycling the term garble twice in successive sentences? how did u write a thesis paper with this command of language? they give philosophy degrees to anyone.

garbles dna. i still have not relinquished disdain over that comment from two days ago. garbles? it just garbles dna? where did he get this information from?

secondly, you know he has a napoleon complex (small penis), finally, how is it that this man was in a debate with someone? actually, **** that. how can i email this man, would it be possible to stage a debate with him? the whole SF.net squad. i'll fly all you ****ers out. except u bacteria, u can drive to jerz.

note: garble? like... youve a doctorates degree dude. and youre recycling the term garble twice in successive sentences? how did u write a thesis paper with this command of language? they give philosophy degrees to anyone.

His degrees were awarded by unaccredited fundamentalist schools are for all academic purposes at this level, they are essentially useless.