Success rules

Recently I was reading a book on How to success and I got Followig conclussions. I think they work.

Learn, Learn, Learn:-

You must, as a young person, be curious and have a learning mindset in whatever you do. This is extremely important for progress. People often try to figure out in advance whether a certain job or path is right for them, but this isn't the right approach. Understand that, no matter what job you take up, you can learn from everything you do if you have a mindset geared towards learning.

Cultivate constant, life-long learning as a value system.

Be a team player:-

Learning to work with other people is essential. There are some fields where this is not necessary -- if you are a pure theoretical mathematician, for instance, you can sit and work alone! However, by and large, to be successful, you have to learn how to influence people, deal with and work with them.

People skills are very important and you must develop them.

Develop a strong value set:-

It is very important that you develop a strong value set to be your own internal compass. Keep this in mind and let it guide you in your work.

Think BIG:-

Part of being successful is thinking beyond the boundaries given to you. If you are given a certain job, you have to think above and beyond what that job entails. Learn how to think outside the box. Being creative and, more importantly, being proactive is definitely an attitude to cultivate.

Recognise the basic elements of success

Success comes from dedication, commitment, integrity and honesty. No matter what level of job you are at, approach your work with these values.A certain element of luck does go into making something a success. If you stay focused on your work and account for that little bit of luck to take things further, no one can keep you from being successful.

Totally agree.

Other ideas:

Keep things simple

Get the basics right (don't get side tracked)

Time is the only currency we really have - use it wisely

Don't work too hard. Or too little.

Never make assumptions.

Think Big, but Act Small

Don't belive in luck

Act rationally, not emotionally

Oh and remember me when you make your first billion :)

Ironicaly Common sense isn`t all that Common, some just like to have it spelled it out for them, gives them a chance to read those Catch phrases and words like Proactive, Synergy and think-outside-the-box etc...

I think another big one for success is : ENJOY WHAT YOU DO!

Being a team-player, a leader, learning. all comes easier when you enjoy what you do, i.e. you are emotionally satisfied with the job you do that allows you to pay the bills.

i can't stand buzzwords. they just complicate things. i mean, WTF does 'synergy' mean.
Synergy refers to the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. For example, the old 'teamwork' example of the ability of two men to lift a piano where one man can't lift half a piano.