PDF Creators

BigMoosie

Does anybody know any programs that are able to create PDF files? I cannot seem to create them with Acrobat. I can find all sorts of programs with a Google search but I would like to know what is recommended. Preferrably a free program.

Thanks.

Not sure if it's what your after, but openoffice comes with a built-in pdf creator, so you can easily turn text files --> pdfs. never had a problem with it, although OO isn't 100% great at parsing ms-doc format as intended.

I'd say openoffice, or serif page plus. Most other document authoring apps will also do it, MS is quite unuseuale but not having the functionality in MS Word. You can also get free programs that appear as printers, and you print to them and it outputs a pdf file...

I wrote a program that convert's all files in a directory to PDF (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, rtf, txt, html, open office files, etc). You need the free version of Adobe and .net 1.1 or higher installed on your PC for it to work. What's your e-mail address and I'll shoot you the executable.

For the record, I have PDFCreator on my machine, and it's rather good. I think it also requires GhostScript and possibly something else. It emulates a printer, and when you print to it from an application, you get a nice shiny PDF.

They did a special on it on DL.tv: cutepdf. A pdf "printer" anything you can print you can print into a pdf file. You install, then when you print something choose cutepdf as a printer (instead of the normal printer), and it will create a pdf file.

Of course this is built into openoffice.org, but cutepdf will work with other things like webpages etc.