A bit of an emergency, perhaps?

Kermit

I've got a Thinkpad T23 laptop, about a year or two old, and for some reason, the battery just isn't charging. I've checked my outlets, they work perfectly fine, and my AC adapter is plugged in properly. I think I only have about 30 minutes left before it runs out. My battery isn't charging. Help?

loose connection where you stick the power cord in.

possible solution: lotsa jiggling

effects: will probably get worse with time. if its under warranty get it fixed, if not learn how to solder or how to apply duct tape to electrical equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, this is just getting more and more irritating. It's happening again. Jiggling worked the first time, but now it won't, no matter how much I jiggle it. Sadly, my warranty's over.

What am I supposed to do with the duct tape or soldering? Or is there a less complicated thing I can do? Hopefully I don't have to buy another adapter, since i'm a bit low on cash.

the adaptor is fine. but the soldering method requires opening up the laptop. its basically what they would do if you put it in for servicing.

if you don't know what your doing. get it serviced. there are places that will do that. i'm not sure how much it will be.