Dexedrine

Krz

and why do you want to take this particular amphetamine?

adverse effects are:Palpitations, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, Overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, exacerbation of tics, Tourette's syndrome and psychotic episodes, Dryness of mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, other gastrointestinal disturbances. Anorexia and weight loss may occur. and finally impotence.

i do NOT recommend taking this drug it is perscribed for a reason. there is a chance you could have a reaction to it and die.

• 2 years later...

Well this hasn't been a very helpful thread at all... I was hoping to see long-term psychological, physiological effects.

Many students take amphetamine either the enantiomer; Dexedrine/ Dextroamphetamine or Adderall (racemic mixture), to enhance academic performance. I have been parroosing the webb looking for information regarding various drugs as study aids and this particular one piqued my interest.

What are the short term, med term, long term effects both psychologically and physiologically from moderate use of DexAmphet. (3 times a week at say 15mg a pop)

Are there advantages/disadvantages for this drug opposed to methylphenidate (Ritalin)? I have seen much anecdotal evidence, and a quick search for research articles tend to carry studies on children suffering ADHD. Not much in the literature regarding adult use in an academic setting.

O and injecting euphoria into a dick... mmhmm..

Edited by psynapse
dosage....

my friends hooked me up with a few pills of 15 mg dexedrine, and i was wondering what exactly this stuff does and if it has any long term effects? :o

Yes.

The long term effects of hanging out with those "friends" are very serious......

..........as is relying on the information you get on the internet to make decisions about the recreational use of drugs/self medication.

Conclusion:

Flush the drugs and the "friends".

Drink a couple of cups of espresso.

Maybe you'll meet some nice new people at Starbucks.

Edited by DrDNA

Yes, my questions still stand.

I have seen some pretty cool research articles involving sleep deprivation 86Hrs! and cognitive/motor tests under various stimulants while being sleep deprived.

who the hell could stay awake that long for the placebo...

methylphenidate competes with cocaine at various targets in the brain shown by radio isotope labelling of C13 and PET scans. But methylphenidate lasts longer... Sweet.

One other question. Why does ADHD seem more prevalent in boys than in girls? Is it these naughty boys are pressured into taking drugs as to not upset the classroom?

I refuse to let this thread die, unless noone else seems interested then I will take my questions elsewhere.

Yes, my questions still stand.

I have seen some pretty cool research articles involving sleep deprivation 86Hrs! and cognitive/motor tests under various stimulants while being sleep deprived.

who the hell could stay awake that long for the placebo...

Got references? I ask not to challenge you but out of interest.

One other question. Why does ADHD seem more prevalent in boys than in girls? Is it these naughty boys are pressured into taking drugs as to not upset the classroom?

>>>On the other hand, girls with ADHD are more likely to just have attentional problems, which can lead to difficulty in school, but because they are not disrupting the rest of the class, it may take longer for them to get a diagnosis of ADHD and the help that they need.

>>In the book, Understanding Girls With AD/HD, Kathleen G. Nadeau states that 'there are many girls left undiagnosed because their symptoms look different,' because 'girls are less rebellious, less defiant, generally less "difficult" than boys.' The book also explores the differences between boys and girls with ADHD and treatment approaches and is a good resource for parents of a girl with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/adhd/a/girls_adhd.htm

Thanks Dr. DNA

I thought it was something of the like. Behavorial differences.

I am not an MD or an expert in ADHD, but how does one go about diagnosing? I imagine a push from the teachers... Is ADHD an umbrella term?

I am curious as to the use of cognitive enhanceing drugs in the academic setting. I am surprised at the lack of response, is this sort of subject taboo?

Here is one which is 48Hrs administration of stimulant followed by another 12 hours

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2742729

This one is 64 hours of continuous cognitive work

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/121643063/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

I have to run but there are many. Google scholar.

The latter link gives me a session error - can you give me author/journal/etc?

Sorry Kaeroll, I have no idea...

I am not really interested in the cognitive performance of sleep deprived individuals after being dosed with amphetamine, although there are many people who are, and the papers to prove it.

I am more interested in the medium term psychological/physiological affects. It seems little research has been done in this area. When I do find a decent article it is usually comparing "Hardened" street users who have used who knows what over the years, and who obviously have poor descision making skills if they use street amphetamine in the first place compared to control subjects who don't use amphetamine.

The results are always "Using Amphetamine for a prolongued period of time or at extremely high doses sustained for days on end does damage..." or along those lines to paraphrase.

I am more interested in the use of amphetamine as a study aid; responsibly. Anyone here have any experience, with a collegue perhaps?

I don't want to have to become a smoker for a nicotine high, and caffeine does not have the old kick it used to. Also I don't really find either of those drugs appealing.