Mass @ c

Alpha-137

Dear Swansont;

Quote;

Don't need to Google it' date=' I've done it (seven different isotopes). Happening in the lab right now, as a matter of fact, with Rb-87. The atoms remain neutral, however. The electrons are not stripped

No, I am sure that you do not need to Google it.

And I am sure that you are right. In that experiment that is going on at this time.

But, I have over the years read of experiments that where many different wave-lengths of lasers [including infrared'] have been tested and used to striped the electrons away. And even to the point to take Iron, and many other masses into the plasma state, and past to the point of vaperation of the mass.

At the plasma state & the point of vaperation state, I would say that the electrons have been striped away.

And for insane_alein to say that infrared lasers can not do this is just wrong.

I do not care if insane_alein understands this or not.

Actually, it is PhDs like you that I was hopping for to really take the time and not just

skip-over reading my postings and pick out missed spelled words, I really believe that

you will see that instead of contradicting other theories actually unifying most of them

into one.

Please; I ask that you to go back and look at my postings carefully.

Broth postings under “Mass @ c” and “Fields of Iron Rule the Universe”

If, not those, please, at lest the one that is Called “My Observations” and give me

your Understandings on this event.

There's a lot of wrong stuff, and that outweighs the correct stuff. Laser cooling does not involve ionization (though you can cool ions); to claim that and then modify it by saying that other laser interactions cause ionization, and since it's all lasers, that you were right all along is, well...bad science.

It is akin to shooting a shotgun at a target and claiming to be a good shot because one pellet hit the bullseye. Science needs to make specific predictions.

To claim that IR lasers will ionize atoms is generally wrong. You can, though, take extremely short-pulsed lasers and cause multiphoton ionizations, but at that point it's really (AFAIK) just the fact that you have created a very intense electric field, and is basically equivalent to a classical effect of field ionization. If that's what you meant, then that's what you have to say in the first place, because the natural response to thinking about lasers is to consider continuous-wave lasers, and no, IR lasers of this type will not generally cause ionizations, as i_a has shown.

Science explains. Science also predicts. You've got to do both. As I tried to say before, usually you take a wide approach and fine-tune as you look at specific cases (interpolate). Starting with a specific case and extrapolating is far less certain. The explanation may make sense for one situation but be completely wrong when applied elsewhere; this is one thing that has to be checked. Which is why predictions are needed.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.022*10^23 is avagadros number. this is used to get the energy per atom from the energy per mole.

a single iron atom requires at least 1.26619E-18 J to remove a single electron.

if its a heating element then the heating element itself would ionize if it got that hot.

although he'll probably claim that we are all completely wrong and he knows better than all of us.

although, where the laser is at the core of the earth, i don't know.

He was saying that the laser, an EM force, strips away electrons and polarizes the nucleus just like gravity does, so all interactions which we think of as gravity between cool objects, at least objects without a heat difference, are really a result of the electro-weak force. This is the reason why blocks of granite and bags of sand without any thermal transfer will attract each other. Not my ideas or words, his.

Dear insane_aiein & Anjruu

Quote;

[ah well, that could happen. i'll agree with you there. although, where the laser is at the core of the earth, i don't know.]

This where we all got track; [There is no laser in the core of the earth.]

And it is most likely how I worded it to begin with!

To explain the thermal energy transfer action between the inner & outer cores of the earth

I showed a picture of a cutting touch and a laser cutting a hole in a piece of iron trying to

Show the action & reaction explaining that this high energy transfer and I used infrared

as the energy instead of just saying high energy heat causes so much resistance that it

strips away the electrons and puts the iron into a plasmatic-state.

IT IS THE STATE OF THE MASS AT THE CORES TWO PARTS,

That brings about the magnetic and gravity fields of a planet.

The state of the inner core’s mass brings about the polarization & propagation of the

Magnetic fields.

The state of the outer core’s mass brings about the polarization & propagation of the

Gravitational fields.

Yes, I am talking about iron in the case of the Earth

and in the case of Jupiter it would be the element [H].

aug102006fields-2.jpg

We see Newton's work here, and all of the fields combined would cause Einstein's warp in sapce & time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroweak_force <--Alpha, i suggest you read here

EDIT:QUOTE]high energy heat causes so much resistance that it

strips away the electrons

it is not resistance that strips the electrons away when a collection of atoms are heated but collisions between atoms knock electrons away. infrared is NOT heat and does NOT cause this. it is the vibrational energy of the atoms, this could have been pumped in by an IR laser but does not mean that the IR is the direct cause.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroweak_force <--Alpha' date=' i suggest you read here

EDIT:QUOTE']high energy heat causes so much resistance that it

strips away the electrons

it is not resistance that strips the electrons away when a collection of atoms are heated but collisions between atoms knock electrons away. infrared is NOT heat and does NOT cause this. it is the vibrational energy of the atoms, this could have been pumped in by an IR laser but does not mean that the IR is the direct cause.

Dear insane_alien

Just so you will get off this subject line.

Go to you nearest Radio Shack ;

And pickup a very small out put IR led and a cheep solar cell

The go into a dark room and see for your self just will happen

Then where you live there must be factories that have big open metal building and most

likely you will find hanging from the roof what is called IR heaters and then tell everyone

here that IR is not one wave-length used to heat.

yes IR can be used to heat things but it is not heat itself. The nearest radioshack is about 3000 miles away. Photovoltaic cells to not require ionization by the light hitting them. please look up photovoltaic cells an the mechanisms involved in their operation.

Sigh...You are damn right, it is used to heat some things. That said, it is NOT heat, it is NOT the only thing that is associated with heat, and it canNOT strip electrons simply by shining it on a piece of iron, no matter what the intensity.

yes IR can be used to heat things but it is not heat itself. The nearest radioshack is about 3000 miles away. Photovoltaic cells to not require ionization by the light hitting them. please look up photovoltaic cells an the mechanisms involved in their operation.

Sorry,

i have no idea where opholite hails from. but as far as i am aware, there are no radio shacks in the UK hence my distance from them. this does not mean that scotland is technologically and scientificly void. i'd appreciate it if you refrained from personal attacks.

EDIT:

3' date='000 miles man that is way back in the sticks, no wonder.

Then you must know an other alien named Ophiolite? He is from you neck of the backwoods!

[/quote']

just incase he decides to edit his origional post

To be fair, I think he probably imagined that you were from the US. If you are 3000 miles from a Radio Shack in the US, that is pretty far away from a major city. Doesn't make it excusable, really, because I know a couple of really intelligent and educated people who live far away from a city.

Sorry it was the others

What?

EDIT: Deleted an essential useless post

WOW this thread is approaching being completly useless. If you look at the rules for this forum, it says that thread will be closed or deleted if the starter does not supply evidence, and this has migrated from semi-rational discussion to personal attacks. Is it acceptable to ask for a close, or is this against the rules?

Ahehe, the lifecycle of a thread. Fallen from respectability in a science thread, like physics or chem, it slowly spirals in speculation, where flaming and other bad habits drive it deeper in to depression, resulting in death, or psuedoscience. Sounds like something my health teacher would describe. :D