Aerosol Can refilling (no Idiots Please!)

YT2095

ever wondered HOW they get the stuff into spray cans? does it seems a waste to have to throw one away when it`s empty? ever wanted to have your OWN product in spray form?

Here`s How!....

take an "Empty" used Can. hold your finger down on the nozzel for for a while, make sure there`s no gas anymore coming out.

boil some water and put it in a bowl big enough to sink the empty can into.

put the can into it, every 30 seconds or so, press down the nozzel to rlealse more gas

( the ideal is a pan of boiling water on the stove)

when no more gas will come out, remove the Can from the boiling water.

allow it to cool, and put it in the fridge for 20 mins,,, you now have a Can with a vacume in it :)

now pour whatever liquid product you want to be inside the Can, into a small bowl ( maybe a perfume or aftershave, Etc...).

pull the nozzel (spray part) off the Can, take your vacume can and invert it in the bowl of your "perfume" and press the nozzel down under this liquid so that the vacume in can sucks it all up (or at least takes as much as the vacume can).

you`ll now have a can half full of the liquid you chose! :)))))

and it`ll be roughly at room temp and pressure.

so... how do we make it SPRAY?

easy also :) buy a can of Butane Lighter gas from a shop, select the attatchment that fits the inside of your Can nozzel and then simply reffil the can as if it were an ordinary lighter :))

thats it!

you`ve just re-used/Rechrged your own Aerosol Can :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not at all :)

just don`t put Acid in the can! this information assumes a certain level of common sense. the butane used to fill it comes in an ordinary Can also, and is the preffered propelant for most aerosol products.

you CAN buy them yes, and they do refill. the only problem is that due to the regulator on them, it wouldn`t work.

Lighter Butane in cans though, you`ll get about 5 recharges of normal aerosols out of before it becomes empty (the 300 ml cans).

so a 5 to 1 ratio for waste isn`t that bad! and you have the added advantage of being able to choose your own can filler :)

yeah 5 to 1 ain't bad at all! cool

sweet! i think that i will put liquid soap in one. Then in the showere I can just spray myself down with soap. LOL! awsome. :D

also, i must now determine how to make silly string. I will have the worlds largest supply of silly string ever. muhahahahaha! nations will bow to my will in fear!

anyways, cool deal YT, thanks for the info :D

A pleasure :)

as for silly string, I have no idea (I know I SHOULD).

here`s one for any Girl Forumites out there as well.

Pepper Spray in a small handbag (purse for the yanks) sized Deodorant can :)

you`ll need 2 saucepans (one to fit inside the other), some parafin or kerosene and Chili powder (the hotter the better!).

on a stove top (not gas, it must be electric) put the larger saucepan on it with water in it, float the other saucepan in that water (leave a little gap so the water doesn`t boil over)

pour half a cup of kerosene in the smaller pan and turn the heat on low, add your red hot chili powder (Ceyene pepper`s good).

mix it until it becomes a gloopy mix.

leave it in the boiling water for an hour, remove from heat and allow to cool.

filter your gloop, you`ll notice a deep red liquid come out, that is what you fill your Can with :)

wear gloves where possible (the sort in hair dying kits will do) avoid touching it as it will burn!

this is NON-Lethal but will render an attackers totaly useless for up to 3 hours!

the best part is that it`ll be in a Deo can and so a search will show nothing out of the ordinary :)

inadvertantly yes :(

it WAS intended for use as an organic insectacide for my chili plants, the wind blew wrong way during use, I caught a face full.

yes, it Does work! and it is non lethal else I wouldn`t be able to share this with you :)

I was useless for about an hour and couldn`t see properly for about 20 mins (eyes watering).

it`s good stuff! :)