What's your favorite animal?

herpguy

Definetly chameleons.

Their eyes move independantly to one another, they've got incredibly long tongues that can catch insects from a distance (twice the length of their body IIRC), they also change colour due to temperature, and as a form of communication. They are the only lizards with 'zygodactyle' feet, and they really do look like they're from another planet, which I like.

I've heard of sail bunnies...aren't they road kill frisbees, or something.

Sail Bunnies are even better though, esp when Really dry, you can skim them like Frizbees for ages before they break up.

although on the topic of Snails, it reminds me of a Car prototype done by a French designer, called the Snail Car, or "S" Car for short, apparently during trials the thing went so fast that the potential Buyers for this design were reported to have said " Wow, look at that S Car go!"

I would have thought your favourite animal would be a snail?

(I quite like snails myself' date=' especially with a little garlic.)[/quote']

Even though I wanted them as a kid (after seeing them on a programme about unusual pets), the only reason I own them is because of an ex-girlfriend...errr, kind of a long story.

Funnily enough, I've never actually tried escargot, or african snail, I think octopus is the only mollusc I've eaten...fine if you like chewing on rubber.

although on the topic of Snails, it reminds me of a Car prototype done by a French designer, called the Snail Car, or "S" Car for short, apparently during trials the thing went so fast that the potential Buyers for this design were reported to have said " Wow, look at that S Car go!"

Heh, never heard that one.

I would have thought your favourite animal would be a snail?

(I quite like snails myself' date=' especially with a little garlic.)[/quote']Yuck!

I like: tigers, polar bears, penguins and arctic foxes.

I have a perfect pet.

It does not smell, is completely undemanding, cheap to feed, can be left unattended for long long periods and is never disobedient. It is also house-trained ab initio and there are no vets bills, and its hair does not fall out.

It is a rock. Ideal.

My official favorites are Amur tigers, snow leopards and marbled cats, but the full list is much longer, with killer whales, belugas, red pandas, chinchillas, otters and wolverines, okapis, geckos, nudibranches, giant anteaters, various birds of prey, frogmouths, cuttlefish, and those rare color forms of lobsters (like electric blue or golden yellow) There are probably more.

Orcas and dolphins (bottle-nose). If it were legal, I'd love to keep one or two or a whole pod as pets in a large swimming pool. Then I'd charge admission to anyone that wants to swim with them, of course.

Oh, as for why, dolphins are arguably the most intelligent creatures next to us. It's only a matter of time before we can figure out how to communicate with them. Well actually, we already have rudimentary ways of communicating with them, but I'm hoping to surpass the level of Koko the Gorilla in terms of human-nonhuman communication.

If we include extinct species, either Allosaurus fragilis (just a *beatiful* theropod, well-proportioned and sleek while powerful) or Postosuchus (imagine the bastard child or a crocodile and a T. rex).

For extant species, my favorites would probably be cuttlefish, stomatopods, monitor lizards, snakes, and dwarf caimans.

Mokele

Actually, Komodos are a type of monitor, simply the largest. Most have pretty dirty mouths, and plus even without the bacteria, even small ones can give a really nasty bite; I still have a scar from the bite of a 4-foot blue-tailed tree monitor.

Mokele