Eye hair loss?

scientistsahai

I have been experiencing a peculiar problem for the past 8-10 months.

When i get up in the morning, I find that a lot of hair from my eyebrows and eyelashes fall. This was less initially but it has increased recently and today there were about 11-12 hairs, which i noticed while washing my face.:mad:

I am just 27 & athletic body type,is it natural to have this or there could be some underlying reasons? I sleep about 5 hrs a day and work over 14 hrs!

Could it be because of deficiency of vitamins, minerals etc or just less of sleep? Please explain.:confused:

Could be the autoimmune condition Alopecia Areata (AA):-

"What are the signs and symptoms of AA?

AA usually begins with one or more small, round, coin-size, bare patches. It is most common on the scalp, but can involve any hair-bearing site including eyebrows, eyelashes, and beards. Hair may fall out and regrow with the possibility of full hair regrowth always present. AA usually has no associated symptoms, but there may be minor discomfort or itching prior to developing a new patch. Nails may have tiny pinpoint dents and may rarely become distorted."

http://www.aad.org/public/Publications/pamphlets/AlopeciaAreata.htm

I am just 27 & athletic body type' date='is it natural to have this or there could be some underlying reasons? I sleep about 5 hrs a day and work over 14 hrs!

[/quote']

Before you worry about some disease, just from the above statement I would think that stress is an underlying cause. I think it is possible to work 14 hours a day, but only 5 hours of sleep is not enough. Your body needs to recharge, and the stress from only 5 hours a night every night has got to be taxing.

Before you worry about some disease, just from the above statement I would think that stress is an underlying cause. I think it is possible to work 14 hours a day, but only 5 hours of sleep is not enough. Your body needs to recharge, and the stress from only 5 hours a night every night has got to be taxing.

I know stress could be one of the factors,but then why does it not affect any other ppl who also follow similar lifestyles. Also, it is not worrying me but that I want to know what could be a scientific reason for this. I contacted a physician too,but he told me that could be also due to frequent change in weather conditions. I work in around 10-11C while the outside temp is over 38degrees generally. But I was unable to comprehend this.

I work in a very cool grocery store and have to constantly go out in the usually 30+ sunny outside to get carts...

I get 6 hours of sleep at night, I dont work nearly as many hours though lol.

close to being the same attributes, but I dont have random patches of hair falling off my face o_O