MI5 website relaunched yesterday.

YT2095

So it is, and so it has (yawn).

Sorry to be dismissive, YT, but as we will never know the data on which the threat is based, we will never know if they are just whistling in the wind to justify another intelligence budget uplift, or to support more invasion of privacy and rights eroding legislation. I wish I was less sanguine about it, but having been exposed to so much spin, opportunism and hidden agendas over my lifetime, I feel quite justified.

On the other hand, given the situation in the Middle East, and the anti-american sentiment pretty much everywhere, and the fact that the US and the UK are allies, and the relative ease of access to the UK and other European states, I would say that an attack is pretty damn likely.On the other hand, its nothing new, so whatev.:D

So it is' date=' and so it has (yawn).

Sorry to be dismissive, YT, but as we will never know the data on which the threat is based, we will never know if they are just whistling in the wind to justify another intelligence budget uplift, or to support more invasion of privacy and rights eroding legislation. I wish I was less sanguine about it, but having been exposed to so much spin, opportunism and hidden agendas over my lifetime, I feel quite justified.[/quote']

and Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar! ;)

and Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar! ;)

Aha, hoist with my own petard, methinks.

As an aside, completely off topic, and with Castro rumoured to be about to pop his clogs, do you think the Yanks will be allowed to smoke Havanahs?

Aha' date=' hoist with my own petard, methinks.

As an aside, completely off topic, and with Castro rumoured to be about to pop his clogs, do you think the Yanks will be allowed to smoke Havanahs?[/quote']

That depends on his successor, I think.

PS - I added the pic, YT.

Sorry to be dismissive, YT, but as we will never know the data on which the threat is based, we will never know if they are just whistling in the wind to justify another intelligence budget uplift, or to support more invasion of privacy and rights eroding legislation.

Speak for yourself :P

BTWYT this thread should be called "MI5 website relaunched yesterday".

Current threat level

The current threat level is assessed as CRITICAL (as of 10th August 2006).

This means that an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK.

all Midland airports are shut down and last count 21 people arrested, apparently it`s Liquid explosives this time?