Meyers-Briggs

Anjruu

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Test are you?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Meyers-Briggs Personality Test are you?

• ISTJ
    • ISTP
    • ESTJ
    • ESTP
    • ISFJ
    • ISFP
    • ESFP or ESFJ
    • INFJ
    • INFP
    • ENFJ
    • ENFP
    • INTJ
    • INTP
    • ENTJ
    • ENTP

Someone posted the "life number" poll not too long ago, and it seemed a lot like pseudo-science, but I am now wondering how we would all fit into the Meyers-Briggs type test, something that has more support in the psychologist community (whether or not psychology is pseudo-science is something I won't get in to...). If you don't know about it, there's an explanation and the test. There's only enough room for 15 poll options, and there are 16 types, so I combined ESFP and ESFJ because I thought that those would be the ones with the fewest people here ;) .

I'm INTJ. Only 2.1% of the population, yeah baby! :D

I'm betting we will have a lot of 'T's and a lot of 'I's.

I got INTJ too, strangely enough.

Some of the questions are a bit naf though. Like "You are more inclined to experiment than to follow familiar approaches" - this completely depends on the situation so a yes or no answer is not very applicable. (I answered No, since all things being equal would mean that I was equally likely to do either.)

Or "You spend your leisure time actively socializing with a group of people, attending parties, shopping, etc.". What do shopping and going to parties have in common? Parties are a social activity while shopping is very solitary. So what are they meaning by 'etc'?

INTJ like severian. Other INTJ's:

C. S. Lewis

Rudy Giuliani

Donald Rumsfeld

General Colin Powell

Hannibal

Chester A. Arthur

Calvin Coolidge

Thomas Jefferson

John F. Kennedy

James K. Polk

Woodrow Wilson

Gandalf the Grey

INTP: http://typelogic.com/intp.html here.

I had to laugh at some of the writeup; ""We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.""

I never knew other people actualy DID this too! I often do that in waiting rooms and keep score in my head.

""They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.""

that trait gets me into all sorts of trouble too, esp with the wife!

Um, lets see, I guess its the diffrence in how people react to and understand things. For example, severian, jordan and I are all INTJ, which means we would react to the same thing in the same general manner, whereas Bettina, being INTP would react slightly diffrently. Depending on what it is, Bettina's reaction may be the same as Jordan's or Severian's, because of the similarity in thier type (only one diffrence) but an ESFP, the opposite of INTJ, would react and understand things in a completly diffrent way.

I`ve no idea really, it would seem that (certainly in MY case) it`s also dependant upon current mood when answering too.

on the other test months ago, I was ENTP and not INTP?

N, (Intuition) is my highest on both though at 67%. P, perception is next at 33%.

however, it`s a Little more "Stable" as a test than the birthdate thingy :)

however' date=' it`s a Little more "Stable" as a test than the birthdate thingy :)[/quote']

I bet its not. I bet if you came back and did the same tests in 2 year's time, the birthdate thingy would give you exactly the same answer!

INTJ

INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.
Hah, does that excuse my poor attitude when it comes to stuff like superfluous curriculums or my distinct lack of sympathetic regard for others?

INTP

I enjoy Jungian psychology, even though many consider it to be both unscientific and discredited.

BrainTypes is an outgrowth of Jungian personality types with a more scientific basis:

http://www.braintypes.com/

One fun and totally pointless exercise of Jungian personality types: Your ideal match in a relationship is someone who has the same Keirsey temperment as you (i.e. middle two letters) and opposite on the other properties. By that, my ideal match is an ENTJ.

Oh, thats a good one Pheonix. "I'm sorry that I don't care your mother died. I'm INTJ, I'm not supposed to give a crap." "I can't write a poem based on an experence of my life for English, after all, its useless, and I'm INTJ."

Um, lets see, I guess its the diffrence in how people react to and understand things. For example, severian, jordan and I are all INTJ, which means we would react to the same thing in the same general manner, whereas Bettina, being INTP would react slightly diffrently. Depending on what it is, Bettina's reaction may be the same as Jordan's or Severian's, because of the similarity in thier type (only one diffrence) but an ESFP, the opposite of INTJ, would react and understand things in a completly diffrent way.

haha...Yeah, I got that much.

There seem to be two main categories: IN... and EN... and I was wondering if there is a basic difference between the two and what that difference is. (Introverted vs extroverted?)

Well, I think that’s a more of a function of the setting. I mean, this is a science forum, after all. 'N' stands for intuitive, and it basically means that those people receive information from their subconscious more than from their senses (S). Ever had one of those "aha!" moments, where something that just did not make sense suddenly snapped? That's, I think, one of the classic "N" traits. Of course, "S"'s have those too, just not as often, or something. And "N"'s get information from their senses too, just not as much or as strongly. Think the disconnected scientist type. :D

You got the E vs. I though. That’s intro- vs. extroverted, but not in the classical senses of the words. I myself am strongly introverted, but I love going to parties and stuff. The difference is, I get really tired by the end of them, whereas someone who is more extroverted would get their energy from socializing, and get tired being alone. It’s where you get your energy.

I got

Your Type is

ISTP

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

Strength of the preferences %

67 1 38 22

Woohoo same as Bruce Lee!

I got INTP I think with the other test awhile ago though.

I got INTJ too' date=' strangely enough.

Some of the questions are a bit naf though. Like "You are more inclined to experiment than to follow familiar approaches" - this completely depends on the situation so a yes or no answer is not very applicable. (I answered No, since all things being equal would mean that I was equally likely to do either.)

Or "You spend your leisure time actively socializing with a group of people, attending parties, shopping, etc.". What do shopping and going to parties have in common? Parties are a social activity while shopping is very solitary. So what are they meaning by 'etc'?[/quote']

Haha! Sorry, but I just realised that this is actually pretty typical thinking of an INTJ. They are supposed to always try and 'fix things' when they think they are wrong.