Multiple Internet connections !

qwerty123

Hello,

I’m interested to know if anyone has ever heard of the ability to have multiple broadband connections going down one line. Does this mean that i have to use ISDN lines ? or ASDL ? I’m really stuck and I am not sure ! If anyone could help me that would be great !

Thanks a lot guys :D !

I'm a little confused by what you mean.... do you want multiple broadband connections connected to the same pc to try and boost your overall connection speed?

Or do you simply wish to connect multiple computers to the same internet connection (in which case, get a router or use some form of routing software (Windows has internet connection sharing)).

Hello,

Well basically what I want to do is get several PC’s connected to a wireless router evenly sharing multiple connections. So say I got a 8mb connection and 8 PC’s I would want then all to have 1mb connection each . My PC’s are connected to a wireless router . But what I would also like to do is increase the numbers of broadband connections to increase the bandwidth for each PC . I know there must be a way of doing it and i do not like to give up ! . Any ideas ?

Cheers

well yeh i suppose i would have to do that .... Basically in my office im bringing in more and more new PC's that i want to rig up to a internet connection . So as i get more and more PC's im going to need to buy another inernet connection. So yeh im going to need to bring in another inernet connection i have seen this thing you can buy here is the link

http://www.xincom.com/twr602.html

I think with this i can plug in 2 broadband connections and then i have 4 normall LAN ports coming of it. I think i could probably plug a wireless router into this and hopefully that would all work . The only other thing i would want to do really is make sure each computer gets the same amount of bandwith each. Does anyone know how i can do this ?

Cheers

well all i need to know now then is how i can go about evenly dividing this broadband. I do not want some of me PC's hogging all of the connection . I got a 8mb connection and i want each PC to have the fair share of that . Can this be done. Would i need to put a restriction on each port ? So say i had 8 pcs on a 8mb connection , would i need to restrict each PC to 1mb worth of bandwith ?

qwerty, that router you linked to will balance the load. not all PC's will be using the maximum capacity of the connecton at the one time so bandwidth will be allocated to whoever needs the most. you could limit it but the efficiency would go down.

how would i go about restriction each pc to a certian connecton allowence ? i want to distribute it evenly . i know this may seem stupid but i would really like to do this. i want it to be like every person has a 1mb connection. so basically i want to divide the connection overal bandwidth by 8 . Any ideas ?

ive done a little looking on google , is there any program as such that displays the computers from an administrative point of view. This would be the perfect thing i would really need. Anyone know of such a thing ?

ive done a little looking on google , is there any program as such that displays the computers from an administrative point of view. This would be the perfect thing i would really need. Anyone know of such a thing ?

Your routers firmware may well do all the stuff your looking for, if not, there's a chance someones written an alternative firmware for it that will do it...

ok i will take a look around if there is anything out there. Or i could find a program suitable or a firmware suitable. There might even be a acess point or a router that already has those facilitys . Ill take a look around

Cheers if you see anything let me kno :D

ok i will take a look around if there is anything out there. Or i could find a program suitable or a firmware suitable. There might even be a acess point or a router that already has those facilitys . Ill take a look around

Cheers if you see anything let me kno :D

Well I know my friends have done it in their student houses with cheapish wireless routers...