The "Big Trip"

ajb

This is a new one on me. Phantom energy (responsable for present day inflation) could support worm holes and lead to our universe being engulfed in a huge wormhole, before exiting the present inflationary phase. When the universe is engulfed it could be taken on a trip through space-time!

Have a look at these papers.

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/spires/find/hep/www?rawcmd=FIND+t+big+trip&FORMAT=www&SEQUENCE=

Any comments?

I haven't really looked at the papers much, but here's something that popped into my head as soon as read your post:

There is, as far as I am aware, nothing stops there from being a white hole (opposite of a black hole). But that doesn't mean they exist.

I'll take your word that those papers say that it is possible for a wormhole to exist, but that doesn't mean they do.

Having said that they might! But they've never been observed and I think that experimental data, so far, suggests they do not.

Having said that they might! But they've never been observed and I think that experimental data' date=' so far, suggests they do not.[/quote']

Question:What kind of an experiment can be designed to decide if our universe is presently traveling through a wormhole?

Secondly,if there exists such a possiblity,then,if we consider the multiverse approach,can it be said that at least some of the universes have been through a wormhole,or,when we consider the QM ot the universe,don't we have to include this case also for calculating probablities wherever required?

I haven't really looked at the papers much' date=' but here's something that popped into my head as soon as read your post:

There is, as far as I am aware, nothing stops there from being a white hole (opposite of a black hole). But that doesn't mean they exist.

[/quote']

What does white hole even mean? Wouldn't this just be a star?