The Secret

herme3

Some people on another forum have been talking about the web site: http://www.whatisthesecret.tv

According to them, it is a movie that reveals a shocking truth about science. You can watch the trailer for free, and it looks very interesting. However, why isn't this in regular movie theaters if it's so good? I don't want to waste my money if it is a bad movie. I tried searching for it on Google, but I can't find any good information.

If anybody else has watched this, can you tell me if it's any good or not? Thanks.

If you go around different forums, there are tons of different people starting new threads saying how much it changed their lives. Also, there are lots of people giving reviews on Amazon that say how shocking the "secret" is and how it changed their lives. However, if you read all of the posts you will see some similar phrases being used and a similar style of writing. I think these might be the people who created the movie.

However, there are also some replies from the regular members of the forums who replied to the threads after watching the movie. The most detailed reply I've found says this:

A lot of this is info I knew, but it is put into a very clear and concise context.

My husband has a degree in physics and was telling me years ago about how there is a law that you affect what you observe. The scientists would look for certain subatomic particles and they would find them. They would look for a second type and they would find them, but not the first kind. It became a law and it is proven that you get what you are looking for. Weird, huh? But true!

Does this mean anything to you?

To me it looks like a cheap imitation of the Da Vinci Code. But I only watched the trailer. What I gather from the trailer/forums is that its some amazing miracle 'secret' that will make everyone who watches the movie rich and intelligent. Just looks like a scam to be honest. I mean they charge $5 per view of the movie. If they really knew this amazing secret, couldnt they just make millions of dollars in other ways? I am very sceptical and my first reaction is that it is a scam!

Oh yeah, the music in the trailer reminds me of the Da Vinci Code as well!

Upon some further research I found this forum: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12887

Some guy on there did a whois on the site and gathered this information:

Registrant:

ROCnet Data Designs

8 Great Oak Lane

South China, Maine 04358

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: WHATISTHESECRET.TV

Created on: 13-Sep-05

Expires on: 14-Sep-06

Last Updated on: 16-Oct-05

Administrative Contact:

OConnor, Robert godaddySPLATrocnet.com

ROCnet Data Designs

8 Great Oak Lane

South China, Maine 04358

United States

(207) ###-####

Technical Contact:

OConnor, Robert godaddySPLATrocnet.com

ROCnet Data Designs

8 Great Oak Lane

South China, Maine 04358

United States

(207) ###-####

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.RACKSPACE.COM

NS2.RACKSPACE.COM

so it leads back to http://www.rocnet.com

And than he found out that it leads to some site called powerfulintentions.com. This is a spiritual site.

Someone also posted the blog of the site: http://what-is-the-secret.blogspot.com/

And finaly some dude from that forum that watched the movie posted this spoiler:

1. Ask: Visualize a goal as if it is already achieved.

2. Answer: Answer your visualization with the emotion associated with receiving it. For example, see yourself receiving 25,000 extra income this year. See it in your hand and believe/feel the gratefulness, relief, and joy as if it was happening in the moment.

3. Receive: The scientific law of attraction will move the energy exuded into affect and events will begin to unfold. Therefore one must be open to what is happening. Trust inspired thought and act on it.

There are steps given on how to act upon and initialize this practice.

1. Make a list of what you're grateful for. Every morning think about it and FEEL it.

2. Dwell upon the end result. Visualization=Materialization. The emotion associated with the goal opens the door to the law of attraction.

I must say, the credentials of those endorsing this "Law of Attraction" is impressive. Multiple Quantum Physicists, PhD's, and philosophers tout this is truly THE SECRET to success (even the guy who wrote Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus..heh). The quotes from famous successful historical figures support their claims. I'm not sure how it's such A SECRET given the power of positive thinking has been in existence forever, and they don't get into when or where The Secret was supposedly "buried."

All in all, it was an interesting watch. It was worth the $4.95 if only for entertainment value. It's also a good reminder of our ability to manifest our own destiny. Some big Secret though, it's not.

There are steps given on how to act upon and initialize this practice.

1. Make a list of what you're grateful for. Every morning think about it and FEEL it.

2. Dwell upon the end result. Visualization=Materialization. The emotion associated with the goal opens the door to the law of attraction.

useless, PMA placebo-effect crap

It became a law and it is proven that you get what you are looking for. Weird, huh? But true!
Weird, yes! But false! This sounds like a misinterpretation of wave-particle duality, or possibly the indeterminacy principle. In which case what is proven is, "You can't have your cake and eat it too".

Does this mean anything to you?

Sounds like an incorrect idea about quantum mechanical measurements to me...

It'll be incorrect interperations and just falacies probably.... most/all of these things are...

Yep Klaynos. Observations having direct consequences on reality/measurements as mentioned sure sounds like QM to me.

Similarly anything called "the secret" sounds like crap to me!