terrorism

udita

Don't you watch or read news(papers)??

Why don't you stop playing games and just provide proof along with your statements.

edit: I'm sorry, I just remembered that was bascule's statement. But still, if you have proof, please provide it. Otherwise stop presenting conjecture as fact.

It's the same thing as if I were to say that Afghanistan_(Osama) weren't[/b'] responsible for 9/11.
Afganistan was under Taliban occupation at the time, they didn't have a goverment to be responsible for the attacks on New York. Surely that is common knowlege?

This thread had better become relevent and interesting in a big hurry, or it's going to find itself in the recycling bin on the basis of being utterly worthless and immature in the extreme, and therefore counter to our purpose here.

i agree with pangloss, but although pakistan may be dodgy with their nuclear proliferation tactics they are not solely responsible for terrorism.

Follow this link and you'll see that terrorist organizations exist around the world and many have not connections to pakistan (although I can argue that alot don't, the same would be true for any islamic country really!)

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/fs/37191.htm

Now lets not forget about our own US terrorist!

Abortion rights activist organizations are on the terror watch list,

so is PETA as well as several neo-nazi groups. And i'm just getting started!

l

So its really dumb to just the point the figure at Pakistan.

NYPD counter terrrorism runs a great persentation and a part of it called the "faces of terrorism". The first picture he has Osama. The next, a blond hair blue eyed man..(McVey), the next..a female from Sri Lanka, the next a the Japanese man who release Sarin in the subways a few years back. The presentation goes on to show at least 10 more pictures of people who are not muslim!

They point being that terrorism is not caused by only people of islamic terror groups..but also by other insterest group and involve people of diverse ethnicities and sexes and ages!

Now lets not forget about our own US terrorist!

Abortion rights activist organizations are on the terror watch list' date='

so is PETA as well as several neo-nazi groups. And i'm just getting started!

l[/quote']

Exactly. So even if terrorist groups have cells in Pakistahn, that doesn't necesarily mean that they are supported by the Paki gov't or people.

What exactly does that prove, Bascule? Be more specific, please. A number of different assertions are flying around in this thread.

He confessed to selling nuclear secrets to North Korea and Iran (in addition to actual hardware for centrifuges)

He's currently under "house arrest" in Pakistan but Musharraf effectively pardoned him, as he's considered a national hero for giving them the bomb.

He's never been interrogated for his activities, or received any kind of punishment.

so what that just one instance. That happened over a year ago (or maybe two..i forgot now), doesn't mean the pakistan is responsible for ALL terrorism! See my post.

Altanta city bombing...not a pakistani!!

Colombine ....not a pakistani

Oklahoma city...not a pakistani

East 62nd Street explosion in NY last week....not a pakistani!!

• 3 weeks later...
pakistan is backing up terrorists.
Serious allegations like this need proof.
Al-quieda,etc r funded by pak govt.
You need proof,and use proper English please!
even 9/11 mastermind osama bin laden is hidden in pak.
While this is probably true it is doubtful that the government had any knowledge of this at the time.

You need proof' date='and use proper English please!

[/quote']

Just a word to the wise: Your own posts aren't exactly Strunk & White material, so you may want to lay off the invective. I'm always disappointed to see dewdspeak around here myself, but if they have something interesting to say I'm inclined towards tolerance.

That having been said, I would prefer that people use full words and sentences when posting here. It's much more conducive to good debate.