terrorism

udita

wait... are you refering to the recent attacks in India, or the entire world?

Even if the terrorists came from Pakistan, the gov't's official policy is to reject terrorist groups.

I know many Indians have bad feelings with Pakistanis, but, that doesn't mean they are responsible for everything. Or that everyone in Pakistan is bad' or responsible for terrorism, even if a few of them are.

u know nothing.

pakistan is backing up terrorists.Al-quieda' date='etc r funded by pak govt.

even 9/11 mastermind osama bin laden is hidden in pak.[/quote']

After 9/11, the Pakistan government renounced their support for Al-Quieda. How do you know Osama bin laden is in Pakistan. And even if he is, how do you know the government is supporting them there?

If Pakistan supports Al-Qaeda, how do explain this? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43940-2004Aug5.html

u know nothing.
I know generalities are dangerous and you've made two of them in this thread so far.
pakistan is backing up terrorists.Al-quieda,etc r funded by pak govt.
They must be so clever about it that the rest of the world has no idea.
even 9/11 mastermind osama bin laden is hidden in pak.
Ah, of course. And your evidence is where?

We certainly don't mind you expressing an opinion, but if you are stating a fact please back it up with evidence. Not proof, just a few bits of evidence to show us why you think the way you do. We are not making fun of you, mere;y being skeptical science-types.

I don't think there's alot of support within the Pakistani government for terrorism. Remember that terrorists have tried to kill Musharraf four times now. Also, terror acts between Shia and Sunni groups have a destabilising effect. In the past there was some support for terror groups. This seems to have dwindled with pressure from the US and India. But terror groups still operate within Pakistan and there's perhaps not enough being done to stop them.

I don't think there's alot of support within the Pakistani government for terrorism. Remember that terrorists have tried to kill Musharraf four times now. Also, terror acts between Shia and Sunni groups have a destabilising effect. In the past there was some support for terror groups. This seems to have dwindled with pressure from the US and India. But terror groups still operate within Pakistan and there's perhaps not enough being done to stop them.

indeed... but that's not quite the same thing that the OP was claiming.

One could certainly ague that the "war on terror" has sent Pakistan in the wrong direction. In the name of 'security' they have delayed and delayed democratic elections. It seems that the west no longer regards democracies as the best choice form of government for its allies.

udita u blame pakistan 4 every thing.

i know pakistn is playing the role of a devil just because it wants kashmir which is not its part, is killing many people on the border. i can understand ur feelings abt pak but take it pakistanis have same feelings 4 us, 4 we indians.

(udita and book worm: can I remind you that this forum is not a form of instant messaging, there is no need for abreviations, especially to such extreems as has been displayed in this thread. Legibility is one step towards respectability.)

Terrorism is, belive it or not, really quite complicated. A lot of goverments are in one way or another involved with it (for some reason, people don't like to mention who funded Maktab al-Khadamat) as are a lot of corporations, political organisations and of course, a lot of individuals. Naturally, no goverments would admit to funding "terrorism" as it has some of the worst connotations a word can have but plenty are quite happy to fund "resistance", "para-millitary forces" and the classic "liberation".

To label one goverment as supporting terrorism and implying that the rest don't is ridicliously over-simplifying and merely displaying ignorance.

so can it be concluded that west supports Pakistan(terrorism)???(no offence meant)
This is a logical fallacy known as Begging the Question, where the premises include the claim that the conclusion is true. We can't answer this question yes or no because it assumes Pakistan is the source of all terrorism, an assumption no one but you is willing to make.

Remember that science is your favorite subject, please. :D

this is not an assumption' date='phi!

i'll prove it logically.giveme me some time!!!!![/quote']It was the fallacy in the question that Phi was pointing out, and it most certainly was an assumption. Repeating exclimation marks do not make your statement any more profound.

come and spend a day in india & You will come to know if im right or wrong.

Interesting... because I have friends in India that do not blame the Pakistanis for all the terrorism in the world.

its the same thing as if i say that afghanistan(osama) wasn't responsible for 9/11.

No it's not... because Al-Quada openly took responsibility for the attacks.

The Paki GOVERNMENT has not done that, and there is no direct reason to beleive that they are responsible for terrorism. If you have definative proof that suggests otherwise, hurry up and share it. Otherwise, stop posting speculation as fact.

Pakistan is harboring the former head of the international nuclear black market, having pardoned him of all crimes. He's the one who sold centrifuge technology to North Korea and Iran.

Proof?