New Middle Eastern War

padren

hello

found this amusing, hezbollah talking about how surprised they were at isreal's responce.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060726/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_fighting_hezbollah;_ylt=AqphFxngDgV7zuGQg983U9Os0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b3JuZGZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

don't know how much faith i'd put into it, but believe a smidgeon of truth. where soldiers were grabbed to trade for militants. and normally in the past kinda holds true. you take my guys, i take yours, we lob artillery and rockets at each other - swear we will never deal if each other. and finally broker a secret deal to swap prisoners.

kinda shows how when your looking for a fight on both sides things can get out of control quickly.

oh btw do any of you rember how far away the mount of megiddo is from haifa. in case i wish to more faithful in believe, for you never can tell.

mr d

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know how much faith i'd put into it, but believe a smidgeon of truth. where soldiers were grabbed to trade for militants. and normally in the past kinda holds true. you take my guys, i take yours, we lob artillery and rockets at each other - swear we will never deal if each other. and finally broker a secret deal to swap prisoners.

I absolutely believe it. It's like playing "house" to these idiots. This is how they play. This is what they do. It's right in line with how all of these weirdos say Israel's response is out of proportion. They think they're trading punches - not fighting a war.

That's like me coming over to someone's house and punching the first person that opens the door right in the face. Then cry about how unfair it is that they beat the living hell out of me on the front lawn.

That's like me coming over to someone's house and punching the first person that opens the door right in the face. Then cry about how unfair it is that they beat the living hell out of me on the front lawn.

I consider it unsurprizing then, that the person you just beat up would have grounds to sue you, in this day and age. An interesting parallel.

When photographers take a snapshot, all you see is Israel tanks confronting Palestinian children. yYou don't see the truth.

Are you saying that the shots we see of dead and/or horribly wonded Lebanese children on the TV are made up?

Strawman![/b']... that's not even close to what I was saying.

You made a statement that, even to me, is blatantly at odds with the coverage in my newspapers and TV.

I looked for a context and it was not obvious.

Your indignant squeal of "strawman" is a misuse of the term.

Your indignant squeal of "strawman" is a misuse of the term.

That was a blatant strawman, by definition. He did not say there are no palestinian children being killed, rather that their killers are misrepresented. He's making the point that Hezbollah uses innocent people by putting them in the line of fire one way or another and then playing the atrocity card with the perfect snapshot to support it.

Strawman![/b']... that's not even close to what I was saying.

How can a question be a strawman? I was asking you to clarify your statement. You said: "all you see is Israel tanks confronting Palestinian children. yYou don't see the truth".

So according to you in your first stament, what-you-see = "Israel tanks confronting Palestinian children" but in your second statement you say what-you-see != the truth. Therefore logically you are staying "Israel tanks confronting Palestinian children" != the truth. Do you deny this?

He's making the point that Hezbollah uses innocent people by putting them in the line of fire

Oh come on. Do you truely expect anyone to believe that? Get real.

Are you saying that the shots we see of dead and/or horribly wonded Lebanese children on the TV are made up?

How can a question be a strawman? I was asking you to clarify your statement. You said: "all you see is Israel tanks confronting Palestinian children. yYou don't see the truth".

How many people really think that was a genuine question of clarity? I think it was a rhetorical question so you could turn around and deny having an opinion when challenged about it...just like you're doing now.

Oh come on. Do you truely expect anyone to believe that? Get real.

Millions of people believe it. And millions of people believe otherwise. You're welcomed to your own beliefs, at least here in America anyway.

I find it odd that Israel is held to a different standard than Hezbollah and other terror groups. Same with America. Israel and America actually target the bad guys and accidentally kill innocent people - sometimes because of the "atrocity strategy" used by these groups and sometimes because we made a mistake and missed or didn't know they were there.

These terror groups or freedom fighters, depending where you stand, purposely target innocent people over and over again and never even so much as say they're sorry.

But the media harps on Israel and America about the civilian casualties. I don't think I've seen a single bit of coverage, except on fox news, that implicates these other groups for anything at all. They're portrayed as a bunch of poor people just "doing the best they can" to fight a rich, advanced warmongering army.

Too bad we only care about poor people killed for god. Not the "rich" ones. But I guess that's right in line with the liberal ideology of hating the rich.

How can a question be a strawman?

Your question implied that that was what I beleived. I didn't say that, and you know it.

I was asking you to clarify your statement. You said: "all you see is Israel tanks confronting Palestinian children. yYou don't see the truth".

In those particular pictures, yes. I wasn't talking about any other pictures.

So according to you in your first stament, what-you-see = "Israel tanks confronting Palestinian children" but in your second statement you say what-you-see != the truth. Therefore logically you are staying "Israel tanks confronting Palestinian children" != the truth. Do you deny this?

Severian, what the hell are you talking about?

All I meant was that the media shows you pictures that isn't always what it seems to be. I didn't say that all the pictures from the middle east are lying, I didn't say the pictures of dying Lebanese civilians are fake. This is a blatant strawman, and I expect an apology.

Ecoli..... be carefull feeding the trolls.

Apparantly, Trolls are good at foraging for their own food.