You smell like cRaZY

I know there is a link between schizophrenia and the olfactory senses, with sufferers having a distinct inability to identify smells etc. That's ok, I can find evidence of that. But I remember being in a hospital and the schizophrenia patients had a similar, unique, odor about them. I remember being informed that the patients produced the smell, and it was related to the condition.

Is this true, or is it actually false?

Please no comedy 'two voice' answers. It will just make me bitter, and the vitreous bile will flow forth form my heart and felicit a unusually cruel statement about your personal habits, personality and contribution to the human species. Probably. Who knows?

the 1`st part makes sense, it`s known that with certain Stroke victims, a distinct smell of burning prior to the stroke is noticed by the victim (it`s a subjective experience).

I`ve also noticed a certain smell on Cancer wards or poeple with this illness (not all, mostly the lung Cancer victims).

re: Scitzophrenia, I can`t say I`ve noticed anything at all different?

perhaps it`s a side effect of the medication they`re given?

ps, your Threat doesn`t go down too well at all when you put "smell like CrAzy" as the subject!

Medication. Hmmm, that might be the link. I wonder if there is a common medication issued? I thought it may have been linked to the chemical imbalances in the system of the sufferers, triggering some subtle change in hormones etc resulting in a distinctive whiff.

The comment about two voices was more to do with the misconception of the condition. Or perhaps it was an attempt to illicit some sort of original comedic responses. I forget. Probably I just couldn't think how to end the post, and kind of drifted off topic a bit.