Italy or France

TimbaLanD

Italy or France  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Italy or France

It looked quite a strong headbutt. I wanna know what was said, not what all these lip readers say and the players deny, I wanna know!

And I agree with Severian, despite what others say, Italy deserved to win.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and the refs probably[/i'] saw it on the big cams in the stadium but they are supposed to see it in play.. so they had no place to give him a card if they didnt see it in action.

One of the other three refs on the field saw it on the field, as opposed to the big screen and even though Elizondo didn't, and then reported it to Elizondo. This is what the press is saying. If you don't want to believe that, I understand; I don't always believe the press either.

But do you mean that in the rules you can give people ultrahardcore headbutts during the game if the refs aren't watching...?!? If you are right, that is remarkable.

One of the other three refs on the field saw it on the field' date=' as opposed to the big screen and even though Elizondo didn't, and then reported it to Elizondo. This is what the press is saying. If you don't want to believe that, I understand; I don't always believe the press either.

But do you mean that in the rules you can give people ultrahardcore headbutts during the game if the refs aren't watching...?!? If you are right, that is remarkable.[/quote']

Rules say that the refs can only see stuff in action and decide on it, not depending on the camera. It's wrong to give people ultrahardcore headbutts during the game, but if the ref missed it then it's just your luck. I mean its like you committing a crime but if the cops don't get you, your free.

I do believe that ref calls should have a second opinion to it, through camera preferably. I mean some of the calls made in the world cup were totally baseless and there was no need to call it. I am not saying that they should be perfect coz no one is, but with a second opinion from a camera it is much easier to spot the difference between a foul or just a tackle.

And I believe that the press would favour FIFA

I am just listening to the interview and i would have done the same if i was him!! Shame on you ITALY!

I don't think ITALY made the comment, and FRANCE didn't give the headbutt. Two stupid athletes, that's all.

I don't think ITALY made the comment, and FRANCE didn't give the headbutt. Two stupid athletes, that's all.

You really can't call them stupid athletes, they are much fitter than you and I together.. and maybe a few more people.

@ severian: Yes i am jumping to conclusion. :D

Apparently Materazzi pulled Zidanes shirt and Zidane responded by “If you really want my shirt, you can have it at the end of the match”.. Classic!! This must have got Materazzi wound up and he had no other way to come back for Zidanes comment other that getting his family involved, which Materazzi knew would provoke Zidane to do something silly!!! Its not great sportsmanship to bring family in to a game of football!! Words can be lethal if misused, so I don’t blame Zidane and if he had just walked away, no one would have know the dirt tactic adopted by Materazzi!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/italy/5177140.stm

Materazzi said Zidane said it in a very arrogant way, sizing Materazzi up. In the video too you can see Zidane looking up and down at Materazzi. Materazzi said that Zidane's arrogance and attitude towards him provoked him to provoke Zidane.

I think Zidane deserved what he got, and more. They should do something to him (banning doesn't work though) besides the red card. Again, use the Euro 2004 Totti & Poulsen example: Totti got a 3-match ban. I REALLY don't understand people can blame Totti and at the same time sympathize with Zidane. He's no different than Totti in the eyes of the referee and in the rules.

I really don't understand how people can sympathize with someone who used physical violence instead of with someone who just dissed Zidane. And Materazzi wasn't even the one who started the whole thing.

BTW, Zidane has had 12 red cards, including one that was a similar case - a vicious head butt. And who can forget his malicious stepping on a Saudi Arabian player's back in 1998 World Cup?

... so I don’t blame Zidane and if he had just walked away' date=' no one would have know the dirt tactic adopted by Materazzi!!

[/quote']

Or, he could have helped France win the Cup and mentioned it afterwards, saying that the comment gave him and his team the fuel to win it. That would be payback. Kids of all ages do this all the time.

I really don't understand how people can sympathize with someone who used physical violence instead of with someone who just dissed Zidane. And Materazzi wasn't even the one who started the whole thing.

I agree entirely. No provocation excuses violence.