SFN's Fourth Birthday

Cap'n Refsmmat

Happy birthday!

Think of it eh... 4 years of the best insight to free knowledge

I can't believe i only found this place a few months ago

First thread i made - answered in an hour and i got more than i originally wanted. Truely the best site for science!

Happy birthday!

I believe they had an advertising deal with another science website, as well as attracting quite a few good members from the start (good connections, you might say).
No advertising deal. Fafalone and I started the site and forced some of our non-science oriented friends in a certain AOL chatroom to join. One guy in the room decided it would be fun to spam our site all over the internet with a stupid tag line such as "Created by real harvard (or yale, can't remember which school he used) scientists", and "real naked women" kind of thing in AOL chats kind of thing. You can still find some of the former taglines around. After we got a few baseline members from I don't know where (none of the original members really posted anything regarding science), things just picked up on their own.. We've never advertised on another website, so everything has been word of mouth/google. I suppose it was a combination of luck and timing.

No advertising deal. Fafalone and I started the site and forced some of our non-science oriented friends in a certain AOL chatroom to join. One guy in the room decided it would be fun to spam our site all over the internet with a stupid tag line such as "Created by real harvard (or yale, can't remember which school he used) scientists", and "real naked women" kind of thing in AOL chats kind of thing. You can still find some of the former taglines around. After we got a few baseline members from I don't know where (none of the original members really posted anything regarding science), things just picked up on their own.. We've never advertised on another website, so everything has been word of mouth/google. I suppose it was a combination of luck and timing.

and free naked pictures of blike for the first hundred to sign up, Im sure. ::P:D

PhysicsForums advertising?
No, we had a deal with him where he could advertise his ads on our site, but there was no advertising of his site on ours or our site on his.

and free naked pictures of blike for the first hundred to sign up, Im sure.
Limited edition autographed copies.