Can't Edit/Delete certain post-

Kylonicus

There are certain post I'd like to edit/delete, I was wondering how come I can edit things I post more recently, but the things farther back I can't edit/delete. :confused:

Also I was wondering if a mod could help me with that. :)

How would you feel if you had taken the time and effort to respond to someone's post with a well-thought-out post of your own, only to find out the next day that they had deleted the original, making your own post pointless? We have to consider continuity of the threads for those who read them later as well. It makes a thread look really goofy if someone goes back days later and amends a bunch of his own posts that others have responded to.

Also, I think that it might raise the quality of the posts if people realize that they cannot go and edit what they wrote after having had some careful thoughts about it but instead have to do some thinking before they post.

Also, I think that it might raise the quality of the posts if people realize that they cannot go and edit what they wrote after having had some careful thoughts about it but instead have to do some thinking before they post.
:eek: (<- Me, not holding my breath)

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering,

Could the mods make it where older post like older than 2 months, that haven't be replied to in two months be deleted?

That way if someone wants to get rid of something they are embarrassed about, they can get rid of it, but at the same time, it doesn't cause any blog confusion.

Generally, if a post is inactive for or more months, then the thread is generally closed, and deleting a post of that nature would simply free up space on the server.

Could/Would the mods do this? It wouldn't hurt the threads, and if someone was going to look like a goofball because they said something, everyone would already know about it.

Also, in case someone posted something here because they wanted to communicate an idea, but then later wanted to get rid of it, perhaps for political reasons, they could do so, so that people couldn't look it up, and use it against them.

Could mods please make that one change, inactive threads for 2 months or more can have post deleted that are by the author, or post that are inside of them?

This would be better for everyone, as if they were setup where they couldn't be edited, but just deleted, it would free server space, and people wouldn't want to make random deletions, due to the fact that it would make their post count down, lowering rank.

Anyways, please take that into consideration.

Could the mods make it where older post like older than 2 months, that haven't be replied to in two months be deleted?
There's no way to set this up automatically with any degree of precision, which means physically going through every old thread to delete manually. That's a LOT of extra work for me because you think something you said might be embarrasing sometime in the future.

Let me think about it.

No.

:D

There are certain post I'd like to edit/delete' date=' I was wondering how come I can edit things I post more recently, but the things farther back I can't edit/delete. :confused:

Also I was wondering if a mod could help me with that. :)[/quote']

I have been having a similar problem. There are lots and lots of threads and posts on these fora which I would like to delete, but the system just won't let me... :mad:

... or do you mean your own posts? :embarass:

kylonicus, i am positive that EVERY SINGLE person on this forum with more than 100 posts has said something they regret or have changed their minds about and would rather have deleted. now, if you don't draw attention to it, it will be lost in the mists of time and nobody will give a damn. if you can't deal with it, yourr going to have a very pathetic life worrying about stuff you said in the past. MOVE ON!