Does Status Matter?

TimbaLanD

Status is just one out of many elements that mean different things to different people and of varying importance.

I do think in general people like other people that challenge them and make them have to push themselves, strive a little. People tend to dislike people that act like fanboys and put them on a pedestal.

And you tend to like people that impress you. People that are impressed by status will find people of status more impressive. Others are impressed by artistic talents, or by a broke guy that helps out at the animal shelter.

Does Status matter? Well it does, but it all really depends on the individual.

If a girl likes the Biker Dude(possibly because her dad was kind of like that), then she may not like status as much.

If she's a holy roller type, then if you have high status, but not high status within the church, your a condemned heathen who she should not be wed too.

If your the artsy Sophiscated type, who believes in and only admires the artsy guys, then status doesn't matter as much.

But Status does matter, because(this is what I believe) relationships are made up of exchanges, and complimentry qualities. If your someone who feels you have super low social status, and you see a person with high social status, you are much more likely to go after that person than a woman who has super high social status, because that woman doesn't need social status, she's already got it.

Furthermore, if your someone whose an idiot, but your rich, and you see a genius, and your someone who values intelligence, but is unhappy with your own inferiority in intelligence, then your likely to go after someone of brains.

Basically, it's two people coming together to make a being that is greater than each individual alone. It's a matter of complimenting one person's weaknesses, with another's strengths, and vice versa.

But like I said before, their are individual taste. It's also about familiar, and positive associations that are formed when we are young. If you had a father who was an alocholic, then your more likely to be drawn to guys who are alcholics, because even if you don't like the fact he's an alcholic, he's your daddy, hes the person who made you, who provided for you, who took care of you out of the womb. Or if you have a bipolar mother, your more likley to look for a woman with those qualities, because even though you hate the bipolar disorder, you might associate it with your mommy, who you love dearly, who took care of you, who nutured you, when you were small and just an infant.

However, if you have nothing to offer, your screwed. Despite what so many TV show dads show, retards are not the guys women like to marry.

I don’t believe someone should be judged by their status at all. Yes, I am talking about the social status here. Some while a go, I read about the Japanese princess who had to give up her status to marry an ordinary man. She can no longer be the princess. She gave it all up to marry the person she loved.

I can understand being attracted to someone with good qualities such as intelligence, personality, humour, understanding to name a few but rejecting them because of their status is ignorance!

In some cultures status is intertwined with cast and they don’t marry into other casts although they follow the same culture! How stupid??

In the western world (I believe) status is more or less determined by what we do. Sometime, someone is more likely to fall for you because of what you do!

What is your opinion on this matter? Would you fall for someone whose status is low? What are the qualities you look for? Your honest opinion please..

In some cultures status is intertwined with cast and they don’t marry into other casts although they follow the same culture! How stupid??

That is stupid. On a more practical scale: Two families having fueds just because a daughter wants to marry a blacksmith instead of a doctor.

What is your opinion on this matter? Would you fall for someone whose status is low? What are the qualities you look for? Your honest opinion please

Definitely, although in my case it would be the other way. Hope some girl takes pity on me:D