Why Does Water Make Me Sick?

What virus, this is a science forum, can you be specific?

did you go to a doctor, had blood or stool tests, then you would know if you had a virus and which virus? or you are just assuming you had a virus?

Lekg's post was from mid Feb and she/he said "once I had a virus", so I hope whatever it was is long past.:)

He guessed IBS because you have visceral hypersensitivity to water. If the hypersensitivity also occurs with warm water, then you probably don't have IBS. If you get virtually the same response to any temperature water from any source, then you might have a general hypersensitivity to water, or a bacterial infection. My instinct tells me it could be something with your ability to utilize electrolytes or sodium. All of the other drinks you mentioned would do at least something to replace the sodium or electrolytes that would be required to digest the liquid. Water would only dillute those levels, and thus could cause localized cramping. Just a thought.

Jez... IBS isn't even a medical condition!...

It's like TATT (tired all the time)... it's meaningless...

And I'm glad you can use your 'instinct' to diagnose online... hehe... :P

Lekg's post was from mid Feb and she/he said "once I had a virus", so I hope whatever it was is long past.:)

ok, i didn't realise... american dates are just so wrong and confusing >:D...

• 2 months later...

Since we are all "bags of mostly water" it is hard to imagine that water itself is the problem, but temperature or bacterial contamination has to be considered.

Also as certain bacteria lodged in the gut can cause ulcers, [e.g. Helicobacter] it could be that something like this is a cause of sensitivity to non-soothing liquids due to irritated/damaged mucous membranes. This may be realted to IBS too.

I had problems with ulcer proneness and IBS some years ago before the bacterial causation of ulcers was clearly established, but I picked up Guardia from a Thai restuarant and finished up on antiobiotics for that, and everything cleared up after three courses!

Giving up Brassicas - like Brussels Sprouts and cabbage also helped the IBS before that.

...ok, i didn't realise... american dates are just so wrong and confusing >:D...

ABSOLUTELY! Ditto American spelling!

To quote Henry Higgins [My fair Lady] about English, "Why, in America they haven't used it for years!"

"Just keep in mind always that you cannot assimilate inorganic minerals. You can only assimilate organic minerals which come from that which is living or has lived." -- Page 34, The Shocking Truth about Water, by Paul C. Bragg.

Mineral ions are mineral ions - source is immaterial.

"Just keep in mind always that you cannot assimilate inorganic minerals."

Is it not just another way to say: "You can't eat dirt." ?

I'm saying you might have too much inorganic minerals in your water.

I think Psyber's point is that you are wrong. We all have (and need) small amounts of inorganic materials in our body.

"Just keep in mind always that you cannot assimilate inorganic minerals."

Is it not just another way to say: "You can't eat dirt." ?

I'm saying you might have too much inorganic minerals in your water.

Minerals do not contain nitrogen, hydrogen, carbon, nor oxygen. They are by definition inorganic.

BTW:

Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?

Water is the source of all life. Seven-tenths of this earth's surface is water. Why, do you realize that seventy percent of you is water?

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream?

Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it?

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

I first became aware of it, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women,...but I do deny them my essence.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

To alane

I agree with your point, but for a different reason. As far as the human body is concerned, it does not matter a damn whether the niacin molecule it gets is from a plant or synthesized from elephant turds. The molecule will be identical.

However, it is still better to get nutrients from a good balanced diet, instead of from pills, for the simple reason that there is a hell of a lot more essential material and a wider variety of such in good food than in a pill. If you eat fruit or vege, you get vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, vital fatty acids, dietary fibre, calories, protein, and possibly vital factor X which is still undiscovered, but stops you getting the dreaded lurgy. Add a little meat and you get zinc, iron, calcium, vitamin B12, and all 20 essential amino acids.

Vitamin pills, mostly, are just a way of lining the pockets of the people who make them, and do you zero good, and may even cause harm.

Whats going on?

And the water...?

(I feel really cheeky as it's my 1st post)

What an insane subject change!

My mom has the same problem about water... she can drink coke, juices, milk, etc. but pure H2O makes her feel sick...

I dont have any idea about the reason... but if you shallow drinks which contains water, I don't think it's really a big problem... I'd really like to know why it happens.

I have a problem with water too. It is unclean! Just think what fishes do in water....

No problem, though. All that is needed is to clean the water up by adding a suitable disinfectant. I find that scotch whiskey does an excellent job!

Blasphemy! How can one harm their scotch by diluting it with water or ice cubes? Good grief. Is there no honor left in today's world? ;)

Make it a double, and keep it neat.

To iNow

I salute you as one who has reached his 12th dan in scotch drinking. Myself, I am still working towards my brown belt, and have to resort to dilution to make the infinitely subtle and delectable flavours suitable for the untrained taste buds.

• 1 year later...

i thought i was the only one who couldnt drink pure water from any source..i live in a city called maumelle and here they use extra chemicals to clean the water and i get sick every time i drink its water especially on an empty stomache however i have recently been diagnosed with ibs maybe from drinking maumelle water...its like digesting any medicine on an empty stomache you will get sick and cramp especially to the taste so i put plenty of lemon in my water everytime i drink it alone...