Getting Ready.

Illuminati

Hey guys, haven't been around in a while I know.

Been busy, graduation a few weeks ago. Went to the Notre Dame particle accelerator two weeks ago. Sick for a week, now work. Hah, barely had time for the internet.

That is if anyone remembers me.

Anyways, while at N.D. I picked up a HUGE amount of books, now I have this collection of atleast 11 physics books I need to get through before I start college at the end of august.

But I was thinking, am I going to be overprepared, if that's even possible? I mean, I'm going through a massive physics problem book that has everything from simple mechanics to black hole and radiation calculations. I'm getting that whole thing done in the next few weeks. And on top of that, I'm getting into all the other books, all physics related.

Do you think this is wise?

Or am I setting myself of to be burnt out early.

This is my schedule

Class Schedule CRN Course # Course Description Days Times Type

80026 CH1110 University Chemistry I T 11:05 AM - 11:55 AM Recitation

80031 CH1111 University Chemistry Lab I T 03:05 PM - 05:55 PM Lab

82370 CH1110 University Chemistry I M W F 11:05 AM - 11:55 AM Lecture

81904 MA1032 Data, Functions, & Graphs Plus MTW 10:05 AM - 10:55 AM Recitation

82280 MA1032 Data, Functions, & Graphs Plus R 10:05 AM - 10:55 AM Lab

I don't know why, but it doesn't look like much to me.

I'm thinking about putting jazz band in there and one physics course to get started.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

You'll burn yourself out. Its ok to go through the books at a superficial level to see what you're in for, but you wont have any direction.

This is why we take college courses. If people can learn just from reading books then they wouldn't have college.

Enjoy your summer; relax, and engage studies again in the fall.

PS I didn't get from the post, are you a physics major?

It's two classes, one with a lab. It does seem light; I recall taking four classes per term as an undergrad (not at ND, though) was the track to graduate in four years. How many credits is this and what's the normal course load?

No, sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm not going to ND, I just went there as a part of a summer program to learn how to operate the particle accelerator.

I'm going to college at Michigan Technological University, and yes, I'm a physics major.

The question still stands. If your course load is on pace to have you graduate in four years, it's a normal load (assuming you're full-time). If it's less, it's light. Modify that by the relative difficulty of the classes; you generally throw in a humanities or social science class every term because most schools have a requirement for those, too. They're usually intro courses and not too tough.