Setup wizard

sriram

I have a doubt, We see many Setup.exe files that sets up a software, i want to know how can i create a setup wizard.

Im not so great in computers, but i think i can learn a lot from you guys!

Thanks in advance!

Loads of setup making softwares are available. And the plus point is... they are easy to use for a layman.

The one i use frequently is

Install US Pro

Also, certain Visual Studio edtions come inbuilt with Package and Deployment wizards in case ur developing windows applications

Package and Deployment wizard has (or rather, lack) one thing I don't like (at least for VB6) - there's no option to change the user's registry. Sometimes I want to enter a key that associates a file extension with my program into the registry and I have no way of doing it.

But anyways, there are lots of good setup softwares floating around, including InstallShield that I use.

Sometimes I want to enter a key that associates a file extension with my program into the registry and I have no way of doing it.
What you can do with VB is to have a .reg file which contains the new key and then use the "shell" command in VB to open that .reg file which will update the registry.

You might have to deal with a confirmation box, however I know that when you run the .reg file through a batch file the confirmation box does not appear. If you're still interested then just try it out and see if a confirmation box appears or not.