Hobbies that you never admit....

GutZ

A hobby I personally am not ashamed about (although most of my friends and family are when I start going on about it) is morris dancing. Although I've not been able to do it much since I moved to an area of the country that only lets women clog dance :mad:

I super glue little bowler hats and brief cases to pigeons, it used to be seagulls (living near a coastal city) but I've progressed to pigeons.

I also secretly play Estonian folk music on a tuba which I fashioned from rogue pubic hairs that I've found lying around the house, the tone and subtle nuances of my instrument are a real pleasure to the ears.

No, I have no 'secret' hobbies.

One of the funny things I do is collecting the chemical elements. Most people stare at me when I tell about this, and even my wife thinks it is a strange thing to collect them :D. But it is fun to have them. And no, it is not secret. I agree with YT, that having secret hobbies for the people, nearest to you, would not be good at all.

The elements I have already, I also put on the web:

http://woelen.scheikunde.net/science/chem/compounds/index2.html

Have fun with this strange hobby :D

One of the funny things I do is collecting the chemical elements. Most people stare at me when I tell about this' date=' and even my wife thinks it is a strange thing to collect them :D. But it is fun to have them. And no, it is not secret. I agree with YT, that having secret hobbies for the people, nearest to you, would not be good at all.

The elements I have already, I also put on the web:

http://woelen.scheikunde.net/science/chem/compounds/index2.html

Have fun with this strange hobby :D[/quote']

Actually as part of my rock collection, I try to collect naturally occurring pure elements for my collection. The prize of my natural occurring elements a 1/2 oz unprocessed gold nugget that came out of a mine in Nome Alaska. It is 89% gold, 10% silver and 1% misc. heavy metals. Of course I also have native copper, sulfur, fluorite and carbon (in the form of coal). The natural element I hope to add to my collection some day is carbon in the form of an uncut diamond. Eventually, once I have room for more display cases, I might lift my naturally occurring and minimally processed rule and start adding elements to my collection that have been refined (e.g. cast iron). My real goal; however, is add samples of as many elements in their natural state as possible.

Oh, I play what's called a MUD. It's a text based online game and can be pretty fun. I havn't played in a long time, though. I took gnome-mud and coded a bot that autolevled/butchered/ate, auto "bashed," auto tracked, etc, moded the mapping feature, attempted to add some ai but that failed misserably... I moded so much stuff it eventually started to act a little buggy.

I probably took more time codding it then actually using it. I remember leaving once for 6 hours with it leveling and a human (I was troll) killed and rapped me of all my gear. I had designed it to flee in the event a human came along but my bot got lost, I guess it fleed twice and never found where it started (when you flee you never know which way you flee, it's supposed to find where it came from and follow the trail back to troll city). Messy messy, but fun.

I play D&D stormreach.

Actually I really miss my college days of playing AD&D with books, dice and lots of cold pizza.

I'd love to claim playing AD&D was my secret hobby. I still have all the books and dice, just hoping for the right opportunity to come along.:cool:

Actually I really miss my college days of playing AD&D with books' date=' dice and lots of cold pizza.

I'd love to claim playing AD&D was my secret hobby. I still have all the books and dice, just hoping for the right opportunity to come along.:cool:[/quote']

I play the table-top version as well, 3rd edition, though (with some house rules thrown in.)

To your family or friends.

For me it's Anime. I have a deep obsession with hand to hand combat (or hand weaponary) anime. I have a 8" DBZ figure at work' date=' ssj 2 Gohan (if you know DBZ, if not I will explain or just google it) standing on my desk. Luckily no one has asked what it is.

I was generally wondering since I find people interesting, what they keep hidden from most people, besides the sick and obvious ones :P[/quote']

DBZ, Rurouni Kenshin, and Naruto were the coolest, DBZ being the coolest of them all.