Life is complex, yes, but.....

pretender

Pretender, have you been watching "Unlocking The Mystery Of Life"?

Like i always say: "You can't smear tuna on your toast when there is no toast."

All we can perceive is contrast; either something exists or not: Black and white; wet and dry; back, forth, left, right, up or down... you get the idea.

Well, because I do have something to compare it with.

I can compare the empty coffee mug atop my computer against the empty coffee mug aside my monitor, I prefer the former because it reminds me that I am the "World's Best Uncle".

Likewise, I can compare my quality of life with that of my nieghbor via some degree of subjectivity and a lot of quantative criteria as well.

Here is an easy way to compare your quality of life: Id today worse or better than yesterday? Is this week worse or better than lst week? And so on.

Another more complex way is this:

What would I like my life to be like? How does this compare with how my life is now?

And

What is the worst life I can imagine? How does my life compare with this?

So it is easy to make these comparisons if we use our memory and our imaginations.

I believe that was his point' date=' tree. You have nothing to compare life to, so it's impossible to know how our quality of life truly is.

[/quote']

Yes but he didn't speak about quality, he spoke about complexity, and we do have things to compare it with: other life forms on this planet. Our own biology and brain, and phylosophical advancements and such are a proof of our complexity.

That said, even if we didn't have anything to compare it with, we're not stating we are the most complex entity existing, we are stating we are complex. We might be stating we are the most complex entity we know of, but we never state we are the most complex entity existing in the universe.

Those who do, obviously know nothing about new discoveries, or the option thereof.

~moo

Well I've figured out the meaning of life. Its Paper.

When you're born, you get your first piece of paper (birth certificate)

When you go to school you get your diploma (another piece of paper)

When you do something good get a certificate (piece of paper that says "your good"!

When you get arrested, you get a piece of paper (multple pieces actually, its called a record)

Then you go to college to get another piece of paper (degree)

why?

To get more paper...(money).

And the pursuit of the piece of paper can last a life time.

but the final piece of paper you get, you'll never get to hold. You death certificate (a piece of paper that says you're dead).

Well I've figured out the meaning of life. Its Paper.

When you're born' date=' you get your first piece of paper (birth certificate)

When you go to school you get your diploma (another piece of paper)

When you do something good get a certificate (piece of paper that says "your good"!

When you get arrested, you get a piece of paper (multple pieces actually, its called a record)

Then you go to college to get another piece of paper (degree)

why?

To get more paper...(money).

And the pursuit of the piece of paper can last a life time.

but the final piece of paper you get, you'll never get to hold. You death certificate (a piece of paper that says you're dead).[/quote']

hm... I've decided to invest in paper products. Thanks for the tip :P