AVG V/s AVAST

kenshin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least now you are being more specific with your wrath. I appreciate the change. :)

So, from a purely practical standpoint, and out of my own morbid curiousity and desire to poke ant hills with sticks, how would their suffering under large masses of concrete and building materials do absolutely anything to fix the problem generating your current frustration and angst, namely, your busted "system of expression?"

</rhetorical>

• 2 weeks later...

I have no generalized hate and am tired of being characterized this way. My system was hacked to death and I address you now with my new Apple system, only $700 for the mini-brain. Screw this nonsense. I hate my hackers, who invaded with an unchasable (mywallpaper virus) bogus warning sign, popups, and a repeated page all in Chinese characters headed, in English, Liu-liu.com. They also included, tellingly, Anatrim, Canadian Pharmacy crap, which I have been dunned with for two years. I think I connect these things correctly but it does not really matter. I let them play their stupid game, and having saved my papers and contacts, let it go to the endgame. Now, hopefully, I am free.

Three systems running full time here, and I can't remember the last time I had a virus. At least ten, twelve years.

three systems running at the same times? does it stack or not? or I'm just a newbie who dont know that our OS support many anti virus at the same times :doh::doh:.

I just sent this to my brother: Alright, S'crunch, you may not want to go here but here is the truth. I just spent a while talking with my ISP. He said four times a day they have to clean out attacks which are 80% from China. I mentioned that for two years I have been ceaselessly dunned by spam for Anatrim, and for Canadian Pharmacy, none of who wrote good English. I finally deduced that these are the hackers. He said, exactly!

Then I explained how after publicly cursing the forces of reaction in China I was hugely violated with a bogus and aggressive 'inside job', which included popups of Liu-liu as I described, along with a page for Anatrim. He nodded and we commiserated. Do not ever discount my emotions. I trust them to put me to necessary motion. Most people are not one with themselves, and most people do not interest me. ALBERSAWA

I don't run an ISP, thank the gods.

I do scan my email for viruses, of course. Once in a while it catches one. Recently I switched to web mail which also eliminates the problem. The main thing these days is spyware from pop-up ads.

Yah, I'd never had popups and am just learning all these different little perversities. The bogus spyware being touted to me was SpyCleaner and the warning pape that wouldn't go away was a 'mywallpaper' which is listed on google as a bummer. You can't get to the root that puts it right back into WINNT if you DELETE it.

I just had to clean off a massive infection...it was really bad.

AVG really helped, so I have to prefer it, even though I've personally never tried Avast.

AVG, Spybot S&D, TrendMicro Housecall, and Ad-Aware (all free software) cleaned it off completely.

Good one, antimatter. I forgot to offer my punchline. Having saved all papers and files and personal stuff I ran 'er down into the endgame. The virus had been trashing many download attempts, but, importantly, last Saturday the new version of AVG 4.8 came out and I got it, on FileHippo, surprisingly. Running it took out many of my system pages, so I just hooted and went for it. Take it down, dammit! After one day I am really liking my Apple rig. A couple of years ago I wore out the 15-inch speaker cones in the woofers of my keyboard speaker rig. I can put out kb bass seriously, and love the Toyes working out in "Strange Animals". Well, after a decade in the bars, and another decade plus, my second hand speakers finally started shredding. So I howled, turned up the bass (200watts) and watched them shred before my very eyes. It was f****** cool, sort of like the rending of the temple vail when old J.C. was hangin' up. Every working musician deserves to get to do this once in life.

Edited by Norman Albers

• 4 weeks later...

Just before my system got trashed I assured myself I had saved all the papers and personal stuff I needed. Then I erased every file, paper, picture or anything of mine I could identify. Then I wrote one new paper in MY DOCUMENTS, titled 'Important Work'. Inside it was titled "Chinese Pigs" and the text read "Chinese pigs eat dung". I figured this was the only thing left on my system for my supposed hackers to read. Now for those politically sensitive folks who don't wish to face truth, my rather pacifist brother sent me in the mail a copy of the COLORADO DAILY, June 12, saying, "CONGRESS COMPUTERS HACKED BY CHINA... Lawmakers allege dissidents' info sought". My my, you mean there really are such forces at work in this world??? I think so, and I think they work against the interests of the Chinese people. Congressional representaive Frank Wolf said that "following one of the computer attacks, a car with license plates belonging to Chinese officials went to the home of a dissident in Fairfax County, Va, outside Washington and photographed it. During this time period the House International Relations Committee - now known as the House Foreign Affairs Committe - was targeted at least once..."

Edited by Norman Albers