Visual Basic

Primarygun

If I remember correctly, Visual Studio includes all of the Visual Suite, like C++ and all that good stuff. Visual Basic being only that program. Should be the same to compile an exe as visual basic. That is unless you're talking about .net, then I can't help ya.

You can also create an installation program for your project (that is a must if you want to give your program to people who dont have VB on their comp, it installs all the dlls and such that are required for it to run), there's an option inside visual basic itself, and you can also make an installation program through external programs.

here's something I found about this. Just google it though, there's lots of refferences online:

https://www.tegosoft.com/LearnProgramming/InstallWizard.asp

~moo

Or just look in the bin directory of the project folder. If you didn't use any DLLs or other external files then that EXE should be all you need.

Bear in mind that VB EXEs are MSIL, not native code. Meaning they won't run without the .NET framework installed on the target workstation.

Ah ok, sounds like you're in good shape then. Just the usual MFC DLL problem to deal with, which I'm assuming you know about.

You do have to specify these days, since we've already flown past VB7, VB7.1, VB8 and are rapidly approaching VB9. (grin)

Good luck with your project!

Oh, I don't know about Primarygun, he's the one who asked the question.

I just said I know VB6.. the entire.NET thing is very inconvinient, and I could never manage to understand what you do with object oriented coding..

~moo

Thanks everyone.

I found that once I press the Start Debugging' date='

there's an exe coming out somewhere in the C driver.[/quote']

Umm, thats a debug executable, you dont want to use that as your final PE. To compile the exe and build the project, there is a menu called build. Go under that and select build solution. I would also change the active configuration of the project from Debug to Release.

• 2 weeks later...
What's the difference between Visual basic and visual studio?

how can I export an exe from a form in visual studio?

Visual Basic is a language (and, in weak parlance, a standalone development environment) Visual Studio is a suite which among other things supports VB development.