Simulated Superman

Charles B

Hello.

Would it be possible to create a simulator along the lines of a skydiving simulator, in the shape of a horizontal tunnel...that someone could run and jump into and the wind from below would keep them afloat and their momentum would propel them to the opposite side... flying like superman?

Thank You

Charles B

They already have them, and have for a while. They had one at my old uni a few years back as part of a fair-type celebration. Basically it's a huge fan, big enough to generate enough wind to hold you up.

Mokele

I've been in one (wind tunnel or something I forget what they call it) and it was pretty sweet. They have one near Orlando down here. Its like a really tall tube with the fan and mesh type metal floor, it was solid so there was no way you could get to the fan.

They're pretty fun! I wished there were more around. I'd choose this over a rollercoaster anytime! But it gets a bit boring just floating around in mid air. There Should be a big field covered with those blowers!

Flying does present some problems. Leaping is Ok, but changing direction in flight? I've heard stories of masscalancelation at Tampere, but I'm skeptical. Maybe he can change direction thru all powerful farts, Newton's laws would be preseved, but it would cause nasty (and smelly) hurricanes, but at the end of Superman I, he went faster than light to go backwards in time.:confused: