Snores? Zzz..

gene

One night, i slept beside my mum but i couldn't get to sleep. Her snores were simply too loud! :P

I told my mum the next day that she snored really loudly and she said she have no idea that she snores. Then, she asked me a real good question:

Why do people snore?

:)

There is a soft palate at the rear of your throat. If these tissues flutter and come into contact with each other during sleep.. you snore :)

I know there are treatments for snoring which involves either removal of some of the tissue, or spraying it with a chemical that causes the tissue to stiffen.

Everyone has different sizes / shapes of these tissues which is why there is not some "universal snore sound"

P.S Hi everyone :D

In our distant past, when we lived and hunted in groups, every member of the group had a decent night's sleep. To ensure this happenned we all needed to go to sleep at the same time as each other.

Yawning is a subconscious signal to others that we are tired and want to go to sleep and so they must do so too.

:zzz:

Also, I think it equalises the pressure in the head.