Colored Smoke Bomb?

Squintz

I want to make a smoke bomb housed in a cylider about 12 inches long and i want it to give off alot of smoke in differnt colors. How do you do this?

Why you ask! Because i want to attach one to each side of my skids on my R/C heli.

Now comes my second question: How could i use electricity to ignite them. I want to set them off in mid flight so i figured i buy a remote keychain kit from my local electronics store. What would i have to do to get this keychain kit or any remote control to ignite the smoke bombs(which arnt really bombs because i wont be droping them)

Smoke makes for a good effect on a crowd. If you set off alot of smoke and start spiriling down to the ground the crowd thinks your crashing and then at the last second you pull out of it and the crowd goes wild.

I love R/C Heli's

Hmmm...

yes you can, but you`ll need special dyes and they`re VERY expensive!

the pure white smoke wouldn`t be much of a problem nor would black/grey.

why would you want to use a metal pipe???

other than metal being inherantly dangerous for schrapnel reasons, it`s also heavier and conducts the heat too fast.

as for the elctrical ignition, that shouldn`t be a problem either, there are several ways, but you must think of battery weight and current. the old flash bulb cubes you can get from a good camera shop can be set of by as low as 3 volts and get extremely hot plenty enough to ignite a smoke mix.

you`ll need to disassemble the flash cube and take each bulb out, then using a razor take the light blue plastic coating off each bulb, seperate the 2 wires and attatch them to your timer or trigger. if you plan on doing this often, I`de invest in a small pager (one that vibrates). open the pager and take the little motor out and extend it`s wires (these will goto your flash bulb).

then to triger all you`ll have to do is make a call on your mobile fone to your pager, and Whoosh! :)

Note: Disable the news updates and don`t give the number to anyone, keep your igniter away from the smoke device until the very last minute!