World Cup!!!

kenshin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support Australia, hehehe, first game against Japan, i wonder how it will work out? u know, they only have us down for two matches? i guess thats an indicator of how well everone thinks we will go. hehehehe.

Brazil are the favorites, but i see an upset on the way, Go Australia!

Netherlands!!!!!

I can't wait to see them play. Soccer brings out my alternative personality! Nothing else in this world gets me yelling at an electronical device like that.

This year is the Netherlands turn.....(hopefully).

I'm supporting England, but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about their chances. I think the team itself is great, it's just I think Sven(the manager) makes some rash tactical decisions and substitutions sometimes. But I suppose he's a good manager overall, and ppl don't give him the credit he deserves, but I digress. I hope England win, and they have a fair chance, and Brazil are the only team I could label as favourites.

Hope you all enjoy the world cup;) , and btw, I'm just curious how many of you in the US are following it. I was surprised when I found out the US were ranked 7th in the FIFA rankings(England are only 9th!), so I have to say they have improved a lot recently.

I am fed up with the world cup already and England have only played one game. Mind you if they play like they did today (especially in the second half) I can't see them staying in the competition very long.

I am fed up with the world cup already and England have only played one game. Mind you if they play like they did today (especially in the second half) I can't see them staying in the competition very long.

That is so true. I mean today they just got a self goal in and thats how they won. Im not trying to be insulting to the other team but i thought they would have a 2 goal lead minimum.

And i loved the match between sweden and trinidad. I cant believe sweden lost. You should hve seen their faces. And trinidad was so freaking happy. Like they won the world cup or something.

argentina vs. ivory coast was beautiful too. I mean i knew that argentina would win but dobga ( maybe i got his name wrong ) played awesome. The rest of the team didnt play like a team.

aynways.. i support brazil and england

To the OP:

England and Sebia, as those are my parents nationalities.

I think England have got a chance, as always, but I'd be very surprised if they don't go out before the semis (as always).

As for Serbia:

Group C

Argentina

Netherlands

Ivory Coast

Serbia

:-(

We do give a shite about football. Soccer on the other hand...

Dear oh dear, you silly Americans and your "feet".

Over here we call the things on the ends of our legs "feet", and what you call "feet" we call "nancy's body armour".

Agreed, take all that bloody kevlar and junk of em and pit them against a Welsh Rugby team for a half hour :)

for the OP, I support England (naturaly) and I hope for a good clear victory!

but seeing the 1`st game against Paraguay I think we did a really lousey job at it.

IF we do lose, it would be really nice to see a team from another country that`s Never won take the cup home with them, that would be great :)

I though it was a tie? (Swe vs Trin)

I apologise. It was a draw. Sweden didnt lose. But trinadad was celebrating as if they did. This is the 3rd time ive made that mistake.

But brazil and england.. maybe mexico are the teams i support. England played horribly against paraguay. I thought they would win like 4 - 2 or 3 - 1 or somethin like that.

Which country(countries) do you suppourt in FIFA-2006 World Cup?Which country you think will win it this time?

I suppourt Italy' date='Japan and Brazil and I think that Brazil will win.:D[/quote']

Mexico, obviously!!

Besides ... we just won our first match!! wOOt!

Viva México C*br*n*s!! :)

I thought holland were a bit lucky today, and serbia unlucky as well. But still overall, Holland are a quality team and a joy to watch though. They did look a bit vulnerable in defense though. At least they didnt choke in the 2nd half like England tho . Are Holland ever going to play total football again(like they did in the 70s I hear with Johan Cruyff and Johan Neeskens)? That would definitely be fun to watch!

I thought holland were a bit lucky today, and serbia unlucky as well. But still overall, Holland are a quality team and a joy to watch though. They did look a bit vulnerable in defense though. At least they didnt choke in the 2nd half like England tho . Are Holland ever going to play total football again(like they did in the 70s I hear with Johan Cruyff and Johan Neeskens)? That would definitely be fun to watch!

I miss alot of players. Denis Bergkamp, Frank Rijkard, Marc Overmars, Guillet (something or other, the guy with the dread locks), Winters.

Naturally I still root for The Nederlands but it seems different now without all those amasing players. Before I would refuse to believe we lost to Ireland (Or whatever team it was,regardless I stopped watching, and blanked it out) but now I just make excuses for the lost. So you can see I've digressed from my extreme ways.

P.S.

Yeah a one goal win first round, I wasn't really thrilled with that.