Mathematica Users?

ajb

I was just wondering if there are any regular Mathematica users on this forum?

I use Mathematica all the time, mostly for fun. I wanted to know about how to write packages. Any advice?

Cheers.

I use it on a regular basis but mostly for creating graphics. At this point however most of my graphics have been fairly basic. If there are others who are a little more experienced I would be glad to discuss some things with them. There is a mathematica forum however it isn't as nice as here.

I use mathematica, but mainly for computational reasons. I don't really use it for programming as that's surplus to my requirements, but it is certainly a great piece of software.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to write a notebook that will do some manipulations with expressions involving the NonCommutativeMultiply.

I noticed that Times[a] gives a, where a is a single variable. However, NonCommutativeMultiply[a] does not give a. Does anyone know how I can tell Mathematica that I want NonCommutativeMultiply[a] = a?

Any ideas welocme.