Creating my own FTP

Primarygun

Does anyone know how to extend the trial period by cheating in the regedit?

I would seriousely consider installing linux, esspecially if you are going to allow access to the internet...

Rarely does anyone talk about linux in my place. I don't know why.

Does anyone know how to extend the trial period by cheating in the regedit?

That sounds like a pretty cheap place you work for there. Cheating people out of their sale is not very ethical to save $50 or very professional either.

Find an old box and install linux on it. There are plenty of great free FTP servers and it will be infinitely more secure and cheaper than paying for a licence and more legal than warezing soft.

You can download Server 2003, with IIS, as a free trial. And latter you can extend the 180 days with some sort of crack.

I personally don't like Windows server but you might like to try it out, just to see first hand. Apache is so much easier to use, I dont understand how Microsoft thinks they're going to attract people w/ IIS. Setting it up to do what you want is too dificult. It's like you have no control over what it does.

Btw apache and FTP servers run on Windows so you dont nessisarily have to switch to Linux. You could atually use PHP to upload files, it's not that difficult.

The only people who use IIS use it because the need windows (and don't know that you can get other http servers for it) (for evil asp, or sql server) and those people who are too scared to use apache, dispite apache being far supierour in every way, including useability...