glass -- part duex

VendingMenace

cool, well i thought this article from Chemical and Engineering News was well-timed seeing as there was a raging debate about glass just a fews days ago on this forum. It does not really answer any of the issues that were brought up in the course of the discussion, so i didn't post it in that thread. But it does have some interesting facts about glass, how it is made, it hisotry, ect. I thought it was kinda cool, so i figured i would share it with y'all. Enjoy :D

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/whatstuff/stuff/8147glass.html

"I think that in actuallity the glass are evil space beings "

that is Soooo true! and have you ever noticed when you try and torture one with extreme heat, it will atempts to Shape Shift as well ?

Silicon Based Poly-Morphs! :)

In terms of molecular dynamics and thermodynamics it is possible to justify various different views that it is a highly viscous liquid, an amorphous solid, or simply that glass is another state of matter which is neither liquid nor solid. The difference is semantic. In terms of its material properties we can do little better. There is no clear definition of the distinction between solids and highly viscous liquids. All such phases or states of matter are idealisations of real material properties. So propety wise glass is a liquid.

Oh. This is a pretty stupid idea that i thought of. The glass is traNSParent right? We can modify the process of making transparent glass and implement the idea into making transparent humans=invisiblilty. Nah, it sounds kinda of far-fetch. But, i think it is quite interesting. :P

:) :) :) :) :)

Glass is made of lots of different shit, none of which are liquids. Its all mineral - sand even. Its a mish mash of crap that has a very erratic bond structure and gives the impression that is a very viscous liquid. The liquid glass theory was a rumour started buy the nazis to divide us as a nation. Pro liquid and against liquid. The nazis believed it would drive us to civil war and in the hieght of the battle, they would slip across the channel unoticed. I made that up buy the way