First confirmed evidence of alien life

They lack DNA?

I wonder how he's going to find support of their origin.

Also, I make the argument that deep sea life that isn't part of the ecosystem that is based on solar energy and are instead geothermal are alien life, although on the same planet. I've never heard of them not having DNA though.

I'm wondering what will come of this.

I hate to nit-pick but if it has no DNA it is not really Bacteria, it needs some other designation.

(Just kidding, I love to nit-pick)

It's chubby rain!!!

"Oh no - the aliens are coming' date=' RUN"

Coming to a theatre near you[/quote']

"Space may be the final frontier but it is made in Hollywood’s basement." -Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I would love to believe that these are alien organisms or even some exotic new form of life! I visited his website, and it seems as if he is in to physics not biology. If so I'd have to question his results I'll do more research.

Sorry to disappoint you.

This has been followed by New Scientist magazine, and the latest shows it to be of definite terrestrial origin. Something picked by meteorological phenomena and re-deposited. The spread was over too small an area to be remotely possibly of extra-terrestrial origin.

I poked around online a bit, and apparently some sent to a fungal spore expert were immediately identified as a fairly common spore. This is why you give things like this to biologists.

Mokele

Sorry to disappoint you.

This has been followed by New Scientist magazine' date=' and the latest shows it to be of definite terrestrial origin. Something picked by meteorological phenomena and re-deposited. The spread was over too small an area to be remotely possibly of extra-terrestrial origin.[/quote']

I poked around online a bit' date=' and apparently some sent to a fungal spore expert were immediately identified as a fairly common spore. This is why you give things like this to biologists.

Mokele[/quote']

Disappointing but not unexpected, . . .

I would love to believe that these are alien organisms or even some exotic new form of life! I visited his website, and it seems as if he is in to physics not biology. If so I'd have to question his results I'll do more research.

I did some research and the Guy who is making the claims on alien life is a Physics reader. If he were a Professor of Biology he may have come to a more sound conclusion.

What does a Physics Reader do anyway, I can guess his job has to do with physics and reading, but how do you get paid for that? And why did he come to a conclusion involving Astrobiology research if he has no credentials in Biology?