What happened to mans penis?

Or God plucked the baculum out of Adam. I wonder if the fundamentalists are going to be arguing for this "alternate interpretation" to be taught in public schools? Or are they going to persist with their idea that we're all as smooth as a Barbie doll down there until we get married?

• 1 month later...

In order to maximize brain size, human babies come out as big as possible, making birth more painful for women than other species, I wonder if baculum-less men are the result of some change in women, maybe so they wouldn't need reinforcement.

^ that was good

It probably was the switch to bipedalism, because I imagine that if you did have a 6" bone sticking out of you, it would be liable to get brocken if you ever fell over, it also would make for a tempting target by any sort of animal that may be attacking, and finally in competition between males of that time if one male ever wanted to "disarm" his opponent then he wouldn't have to look very far.

i always figured it was just for durability reasons. one swift kick and youve got a broken baculum. in their current forms our penises can take quite a beating without losing functionality. i didnt realize other mammals had one though : P

• 1 month later...
^ that was good

It probably was the switch to bipedalism' date=' because I imagine that if you did have a 6" bone sticking out of you, it would be liable to get brocken if you ever fell over, it also would make for a tempting target by any sort of animal that may be attacking, and finally in competition between males of that time if one male ever wanted to "disarm" his opponent then he wouldn't have to look very far.[/quote']

Yeah, I think going to bipedalism is what seperates us from the other apes. I think reproduction success would likely be the selection factor. A penis without the bone probably varied in size more than with one? So the larger ones kept producing more offspring, etc.

and we practiced[/i'] it.

And that is why I decided not to do wrestling. Call it preserving genetic integrity, if you will. :)

This is probably the funniest thread I have ever read on this forum. Golf clap to all involved, especially in the insulting!