Call of Duty

matter

anyone play it yet? I haven't seen anything like it. That's not saying much because I have a very old computer and haven't played a multiplayer FPS since Half Life I think. Actually I played Halo briefly but that doesn't count. Anyways I think it's incredibly fun and I'm really addicted to it. It's perfect for multiplayer. It has the type of gameplay where you only have to get hit a couple times in the body to die, and once in the head. You can fire from the hip OR look down your sights which I've always always wanted. Also I've never played a WW2 game online, so killing Germans (or Americans) has never been more fun. Awesome game.

Battlefield 1942 is really fun also. The thing I like about Call of Duty is how authentic the combat seems when everyone starts shooting. It's loud and choatic and disorienting. I like the fact that I can get killed relatively easy by anyone with any type of gun, even a pistol. All it takes is one shot to the head. Also, I always thought that to be an authentic combat game, the game would have to be so that you can fire while looking down the sights, with no crosshair. And THAT is what I really like. Being able to look down the sights really did it for me. For me it's just so much cooler. I played Rainbow 6 when it was popular and I loved the sensation of the danger of sitting out for the round if I got shot by someone first. But all you had on the screen was the crosshairs, no gun animation. With Call of Duty, you have the same sensation, but with the gun animation, plus being able to fire from the sight view.