Zomg I'm Invisible

Nevermore

one word: cool.

I recon you'd be able to develop tools that could see them tho. I can't remember what it's called, but there's a fish with 'w' shaped eyes that are designed to see it's prey, which are completely translucent fish.

The way it sees the fish is by detecting slight 'bends' in the light, caused by it travelling through mediums of differing density.

so, i assume that 'invisibility goggles' could be developed that would detect the slight bends in light that would probably be caused by making the light 'flow' around an object.

still cool tho.

sounds very in the beginning stages
It was in the beginning stages about 3 years ago. Seemingly they have produced a working prototype hence this batch of news regarding it.

Thinking about it seeing as the light will travel slower through the material (I assume it has a higher refractive index) and it will be travelling around the object which is a longer path so all in all the light will be slowed. Maybe a very acurate detector could detect this and so "see" the hidden object.

It was in the beginning stages about 3 years ago. Seemingly they have produced a working prototype hence this batch of news regarding it.

I meant that the prototype was in the beginning stages, hence the name 'prototype'

Anyone ever watch that episode of Batman cartoon long ago?

There was a villian that used a type of film with a process of light that allowed him to become invissible.

This was the Batman from the late 90's it was on fox and then on cartoon network.

The oddity is that this same process is being used, kinda.

Did the cartoon have the theoretical aspects figured out before people put their ideas out for publishment?

The oddity is that this same process is being used' date=' kinda.

Did the cartoon have the theoretical aspects figured out before people put their ideas out for publishment?[/quote']

Yesterday's science fiction is tomorrow's science fact.

Wouldn't night goggles make it visible? I mean, you can only break a band of wave lengths and it would reflect rather than break the light to both ends of this band. Or am i wrong?

neat!

you'd probably see it with polarising filters though, i'm thinking 90 degrees offset for each eye, you'd see slight differences between eyes and know something's there. still hard to spot.

some of those images look like the're on boards, would they still work at angles?