problem!!!!!!

kenshin

So IA,that means you all can connect.Hmn....I have checked all that firewall stuff.Don't know that's happening.Everytime I join the channel sfn,it disconnects.I haven't tried with other channels though(don't know any).

any channel will work, if it doesn't exist it'll just create it. But #blackcobalt exists and will always have someone in it....

What IRC client are you trying to use (other than the java one)?

ok, lets stick with the one I've had the most experiance with, mIRC when you start it and type /server irc.blackcobalt.net

What does it say in the status window? if it's very long just drop it in a pm to me... :s

There is a development.This time,it displays a help window with a messge "unable to connect to the server" and gives the following reason for the problem:

"Unable to connect to server

If you try to connect to a server and see this message, the problem could be:

IRC server isn't working

You might be trying to connect to an IRC Server that is currently not working. This is the most likely problem. You should try another IRC Server.

Invalid port number

The IRC Server address might be correct but you've specified the wrong port. Most servers operate at least on port 6667, you should try that port to see if it solves the problem."

Certainly both have been checked.

Also,in the status window,the following is displayed:

* Connecting to irc.blackcobalt.net (6667)

-

* Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)

-

* Connect retry #1 irc.blackcobalt.net (6667)

-

-

* Connect retry #2 irc.blackcobalt.net (6667)

-

which firewall are you using? as well as blocking port 6667, it could be denying mIRC, trillian, klient and your browser from operating as a server (in which case i'm pretty sure they wont be able to connect to IRC).

you could try killing your firewall and then trying to connect.

I was able to connect two days ago.I haven't changed any firewall settings after that, but still i have checked and they are not blocked.what I am not able to get is how can it happen?Suddenly the server is not responding.

If you still need help or it's not working, when I get home from work I'll get a copy of Mirc and figure out whats wrong with ya, if you need that. I've always figured out tech problems...well eventually.

hope it works gutz as I am not able to connect to blackcobalt.net(but then from last two days I have not been able to acces a lot of those sites which I used to.)And surprise!Nothing works including 6666

Crap I forgot, Sorry timesheets end of the week, grrr. Ok I will try and help you, do you have any virus protection programs, XP SP2, that sort of thing? Routers?

And what sites can't you access?

Crap I forgot' date=' Sorry timesheets end of the week, grrr. Ok I will try and help you, do you have any virus protection programs, XP SP2, that sort of thing? Routers?

And what sites can't you access?[/quote']

I use norton 2005.That is all.And sites.....any routine site like sometimes not a few pages of sfn(it will take to much time to download that even with a 256kbps connection),dataone.in(site of my service provider),sometimes google,results from google(they were lyric result,so,text only).That's all I visit.I don't know,but I can feel that the net connection is not behaving properly for quit some time(3 days).

Thats weird I have the same connection.

Can you do that thing Klaynos said:

Go to the command prompt and type - ping irc.blackcobalt.net

Also check your network connection.

Control Panel > Network connections > Your connection.

Look at the send and receive while you get that problem.

I'll keep looking on the net for solutions. The best thing about this is that someone else must of had it before, therefore a good chance of finding a solution.

If not, hopeifully you didnt download or install a bunch of programs in the past 3 or 4 days and you can try a system restore.

If it gets that far and doesn't work I would call your ISP and ask whats going on, because I wouldn't know what else it could be.

::edit::

Klaynos! are you the server admin? Sorry I didn't know. Didn't mean to over step ya, I just know how frustrating this type of thing can be.

So if everything Klaynos said doesn't work I would call the ISP.