Bleeding Madras

chemfreak

why do You guys completely disregard my post?:mad:
We're a bunch of insensitive, non-mind reading, bleeding Madras challenged freaks, that's why!

I'm not sure what we were thinking but it is my fervent hope that you will someday forgive us. *

* Crafted with care in the USA using SayoCasmTM

I did! It really didn't help. But has anyone been to India?
STOP! Take a deep breath and then, with as much accuracy as possible, tell us what a "Bleeding Madras" is.

Is it an uncooked curry? Is it a shirt with poor dye qualities? Are you misspelling it horribly?

Madras is a lightweight cotton fabric with patterned texture' date=' used primarily for summer clothing -- pants, shorts, dresses and jackets. The fabric takes its name from the former English name of the city of Chennai, India.

One style popular during the 1960s was called bleeding Madras. It used dyes that were not colorfast in a typically plaid design, resulting in bleeding and fading colors that yielded a new look to the fabric each time it was laundered.

[/quote']

:cool:

why would you want a shirt in which the dye bleeds out???
"Faded" is the new "torn and ripped".

Distributor: "Nice colors but they fade every time you wash them."

Designer: "Yeah, I got ripped off when I bought that cheap dye so I decided to pass the 'rip-off' along to my customers. If I say it's cool, it's cool."

Distributor: "Riiiiiiiight."