Absolutely Beautiful Music

In My Memory

Anything Beethoven as far as classical is concerned. I was writing a list... but there's no point; it's all amazing.

The rest (also amazing):

CJ Stone - Shining Star (http://www.emp3world.com/mp3/61882/Cj%20Stone/Shining%20Star Trance fans or not.... A-freaking-mazing... Free too!)

Sunscream - Exodus (Fire & Ice Remix)

Fishbone Beat - Always (Psychadelic Martini Mix)

Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation

HIM (HER in some places) - Right Here in My Arms

I have quite the varied taste in music.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned to bascule in the SFN chatroom that there a few songs I find absolutely beautiful' date=' like feeling like falling in love everytime I hear it.

I dont know how to define "beauty" in music, but I'll share my short list of songs anyway:

[b']

Tiesto: In My Memory[/b]

:)

If yuo dont have it yet, i suggest you get Tiestos - Best and New album

One of the best trance albums ive heard.

I my self become really happy when listening to happy hardcore. I am not a raver but that music makes me feel very good inside.

I've always liked Tchaikovsky's 1st piano concerto in B flat minor, we cranked up Vivaldi's Spring the other day (when the sun was out), however it doesn't seem that fitting with the weather we're having at the moment.

I really should listen to more classical music. I guess I'm more interested in new electronica, none of that pulpy club rubbish that you can churn out in a few hours...warp records or planet mu would be good examples of the style I like, I also really enjoy psychadelic chill out, such as OTT, Shulman and Schpongle (Simon Posford...which I can listen to again and again.)

Fort minor songs specially Whered you go, Right now.

I do like Postal Service (Be still my heart) but Nothing better reachs to my heart somehow. Also U2 with or without you...

How can i forget James Blunt. I didnt read to carefully but i havent seen anyone mention him??

James BLunt: Your Beautiful, Cry, Suger coated.. what the hell.. i like all of them. Could listen to them the whole day.

there a few songs I find absolutely beautiful' date=' like feeling like falling in love everytime I hear it.

I dont know how to define "beauty" in music, but I'll share my short list of songs anyway:

[/quote']

the Idea of Beautifull I have no prob defining personaly, the word "Music" though, well that`s also subjective.

I like listening to Sferics, in particular the Chorus or Whstler trains.

a sample here: http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/inspire/advanced.html

Sferics are Earth/Space music, totaly free, never repeating the same twice, all around us, and I find it quite relaxing/calming.

I also really enjoy psychadelic chill out, such as OTT, Shulman and Schpongle (Simon Posford...which I can listen to again and again.)

Same here dude:cool: , I do like chillout music and I've started to listen to more classical music. I hadn't heard of Simon Posford but I think I'll look out for him now. BTW do u like dj shadow? I should have added "dj shadow- Midnigth in a perfect world" to the list too.

Hoobastank-The Reason
Yeah. And Never There and From the Heart (both by Hoobastank).

As for me it really depends on my mood.

So sometimes classical; The Planets Suite (specifically Jupiter)

Sometimes more pop, or rock, or rap (which I don't generally like, but Fort Minor Remember The Name is a good song!)

Sometimes Metallica and recently just discovered Lordi (that's the band that won the Eurovision Song Contest 2006, you can find a bunch of his songs on Google Video, just search for "Lordi").

And Nightwish are good too with Nemo and Bless The Child. Also Imogen Heap Hide and Seek and Jeff Buckley Hallelujah (heard both those songs on The OC). Or Avril Lavigne My Happy Ending.

And I agree with Dave, soundtracks can be good. I like the Narnia one.

... it just depends on my mood!

Personally I find movie soundtracks to be some of the most emotive songs out there.

I prefer computer game sound-tracks; espescially from RPGs.

i'm currently liking the final fantasy 7 and chrono trigger sound tracks.

Sometimes Metallica and recently just discovered Lordi (that's the band that won the Eurovision Song Contest 2006' date=' you can find a bunch of his songs on Google Video, just search for "Lordi").[/quote']

Are you sure "Hard Rock Hallelujah" is an example of 'beautiful' music.

It was one of the best songs in the contest though. It was better than the UK entry. What the hell was that about?:D

Cool Dak. I also like them which you have listed. My favourite piano solo being that from Final fantasy. From X-2 - Eternity. I haven't heard a more beautiful piano piece as of yet.

Yeah the UK entry was a joke. I like Hard Rock Hallelujah. It is beautiful in it's own way. The whole beauty thing reminds me of the lyrics in one of Lordi's other songs (Would You Love A Monsterman) "Could you understand beauty of the beast". Hard Rock Hallelujah might be a bit of a beast, but its still has a beauty!

Have you got all the Eurovision songs? I have, haven't listened to most of them yet though. I like the Belgium one Je T'Adore it's all in English other than those three words (or is it two?).

To be honest, I only watch the competition at the end when they add up all the numbers :D

Thats what I tune in for.

I find it fun to watch the scores compound and which country gets ther full 12 - there's maths obsession for you !!!

Same here dude:cool: , I do like chillout music and I've started to listen to more classical music. I hadn't heard of Simon Posford but I think I'll look out for him now. BTW do u like dj shadow? I should have added "dj shadow- Midnigth in a perfect world" to the list too.

Yeah I do like DJ shadow, admittedly I havn't listened to him for a while, ...actually hasn't it been a couple of years since he's released anything ?

If you like your chill, Simon Posford has come under a few names (Hallucinogen is his most famous...that's psy-trance though), I'd recommend Dub Trees...Shpongle is a bit more hectic, but is a real pleasure to listen to. I'd also recommend Hallucinogen in Dub by OTT, and OTT's album Blumenkraft. Lush, epic sounding worldly dub psychadelic kinda affair.

More down to earth chill, you should check out The Egg, and Boards of Canada...off the top of my head.

EDIT: Almost forgot, have you heard of Amon Tobin...check out some of his stuff.

I really like modern classical music with quite some mystique in it and sometimes just raw crying out of one's fears, sadness, and angers. Some names:

• John Tavener
  • Arvo Pärt
  • Henry Górecky
  • Lili Boulanger

Just discovered this band RBD.

They're classified as "Latin/pop rock" by Wikipedia. They're not English but it's nice music and I would say their songs do have a beauty about them.

I used to really love that piece of music, but I've heard it played badly so many times by students that it's really put me off :)

exactly... I never want to hear that song again.

I'll help you out there, Severian:

Organ Fugue in G Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach

Pachelbel's Canon by Johann Pachelbel (preferably with violin)

Memory by Andrew Lloyd Webber (when sung properly)

Us and Them by Pink Floyd

If this were a list of greatest songs, rather than most beautiful, I would want to replace Us and Them with Comfortably Numb, which I saw performed by David Gilmour and sung in part by David Bowie on the 29th; it made me a better and more valid human being.

And fair enough, Gilded, but I'm just wondering how you can classify Fury of the Storm as "beautiful" music, it being technically outstanding but otherwise shred guitarwork!