Absolutely Beautiful Music

In My Memory

I mentioned to bascule in the SFN chatroom that there a few songs I find absolutely beautiful, like feeling like falling in love everytime I hear it.

I dont know how to define "beauty" in music, but I'll share my short list of songs anyway:

Tiesto: In My Memory

JEM: Amazing Life

Shakira: Dia de Enero

Shakira: Obtener un Si

Bascule suggested Depeche Mode: Enjoy the Silence, but then again he doesnt have taste in music ;) Share your list of songs you find beautiful :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

Bill Evans - My Foolish Heart

Interpol - Evil

Kashmir- Jewel Drop

Nick Drake -Pink Moon

The Postal Service - Brand new colony

Smashing Pumpkins - Age of Innocence

Silverchair - World upon your shoulders

Neon Tetra (incredible track IMO) - Umberloid (Ott and Chris Barker)

California Rolls - Tipper (I recommend Tipper to anybody, whether you're into electronic music or not.)

Accelerator - Hybrid (Hybrid have written a lot of beautiful sounding music...the Russian philharmonic orchestra played in many of Hybrids tracks)

1979 and Mayonaise - Smashing Pumpkins

Most of Radioheads stuff.

I've just been listening to this guy called Prizzm, who writes very beautiful electronica.

IMM, that Tiesto track, is that the one with the long orchestral intro, I havn't listened to that album in ages, so I can't remember.

EDIT: Oh, and 'Angel of Death' by Slayer, a definite dim the lights ballad. :)

I have to agree with aj47. I find myself listening to The Postal Service - "Brand New Colony" at least 10 times a day. Just kinda gives me that funny feeling on the back of my neck. Wonder why it sounds so good to the human ear...

songs I find absolutely beautiful, like feeling like falling in love everytime I hear it.
Come to think of it, isn't that a bit restrictive? Camelita by Warren Zephon is beautiful but it makes me feel like doing anything but falling in love.

I have to agree with aj47. I find myself listening to The Postal Service - "Brand New Colony" at least 10 times a day. Just kinda gives me that funny feeling on the back of my neck. Wonder why it sounds so good to the human ear...

It must be the gameboy like sound, for me it always reminds me of playing super mario when I was younger.

I could think of quite a few songs I really enjoy, but I guess I should be quite selective about this and only name songs that are truly "beautiful."

Air-all I need

Fc Kahuna-Hayling

Mamas and Papas-California dreaming

Eliot-all I am made of

Len-steal my sunshine

Bran Van 3000-drinking in LA

Walking on the moon - the police

rainfall - a flock of seagulls

Beach scene - tangerine dream

City of blinding lights - U2

I've never heard of most of the artists in this thread. I guess I've been deprived of 'beautiful' music.

Depeche Mode - Sound Of Silence is awesome!

Elysis - * nice electronic ambient (did the soundtrack for Nexuiz)

David Bowie - Ashes To Ashes

Deftones - Simple Man

SoundGarden - Black Hole Sun

Aphex Twin - Everything. Represents me the best. Serious. Listen Stone In Focus as last!

Music is really like a drug to me, except negative long-term side-effects. It has downsides, because when there's a song i really like then everything around me vanishes and all i conceive is that music.

It's interesting to observe how my taste varies and even completely changes sometimes.

Personally I find movie soundtracks to be some of the most emotive songs out there. I'm loving John Williams: Buckbeak's Flight/A Window to the Past from the Prisoner of Azkaban album at the moment. I also can't stop listening to Vivaldi's guitar concertos at the moment, and as always the Four Seasons suite is simply amazing.

Definately in a classical mood at the moment :)

I've been wondering for years now....what "signature" of notes makes up a pleasant song for us? It's like the phenomenon of facial structures that are most attractive/asthetically pleasing to us.

The question I ask would probably have different answers based on societal context. But I'm wondering about popular music in America.

Classically, I like Paganini's caprices.

Sinatra's Monique is quite a beautiful song, and has a bit of a funeral march feel which is weird for a love song.

They used to castrate people to get a voice like Billy Corgan's cover of Landslide.

And Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah is quite nice.