alcohol damage

toolman

Hi,

How long does it take for alcohol to affect/have damage on your body? I'm, talking longterm here. I was thinking.. what would happen if you were drunk, for say 2 weeks solid...would that damage you in anyway longterm?

if you were drunk for 2 weeks solid i would suspect that your kidneys and liver would be giving you a hell of a lot of trouble. the damage would probably be mostly reversible but there would be a decrease in the capacity of the organs for the long term.

The immune system would be shot for a while. The chance of alcohol poisoning would increase. One would experience throwing up more often. There could be a slim possibility of gaining alcoholism. A withdrawal period may occur.

Getting hammered for two weeks is not a good idea.

they'd probably be swollen from the increased load just from the sheer volume of liquid they have to process never mind the amount of alcohol required to sustain drunkeness. It forces them to work at full capacity for extended periods which isn't good for them(picture revving a car engine into the red for 2 weeks). under normal circumstances they are just idling with a few small peaks in through put at meals and when you drink something. when your getting drunk your putting so much liquid into your body its hard for them to cope.

EDIT: yeah don't get hammered for two weeks straight. 1 week is definitely too long and i know that from experience.

before i seen genecks post i didn't think that you would be considering it or anything but now i ain't so sure. are you?

In a serious long-term scenario, consisting of multiple years, a person would encounter lower-life expectancy.

Such things happened in the colonial days of North America. Water was filled with bacteria and other such germs; people countered this by drinking rum and other alcoholic beverages. Alcohol was the choice drink.

Well, it depends on how drunk you get. If you get sloshed/hammered to the point that you think all the men or women around are attractive, then you pretty much are too drunk.

A few drinks every other hour with some food won't get someone too hammered, as long as the proof is low. If I were on holiday leave for a festival, I would enjoy myself. I wouldn't get too hammered, because things would be boring. Drinks are always best when going dancing, but a whole two weeks of being drunk would take away from all the fun.

If your main goal of this vacation is to get drunk and take advantage of the cheap liquor, then I'm not to tell you no. But serious physical damage could occur. To reduce the risk of alcohol is to only drink less alcohol. Alcohol is a downer like that.

In addition alcohol has a depressant effect that lasts for, in my experience, 24 hours after you take it. Interestingly this only shows itself to me AFTER around 2 hours when the main drunkenness wears off. Indeed I think that one of the factors that makes a hangover unpleasant may be the depression from the alcohol.

I have a theory that also might be wrong, which is that part of the cause of binge drinking, in the UK at least, is that after drinking two pints of beer in a short period of time drinkers start feeling the effects of depression fairly quickly. And almost subconciously they order a third pint, then a fourth, to mask these effects.

any thoughts?

I agree with you on that, although i think it's the same with any alcohol not just beer.

Still no answer to my question.. would drinking soft drinks/water make the alcohol pass out the system quicker reducing damage?

I agree with you on that' date=' although i think it's the same with any alcohol not just beer.

Still no answer to my question.. would drinking soft drinks/water make the alcohol pass out the system quicker reducing damage?[/quote']

drinking water with your alcohol is definately a good idea. i dont know about reducing the risks, or making it pass quicker, but it definately decreases hangover problems. youll feel much better the next morning if you have a glass of water for each drink you take, but most partiers arent about to do that because it makes it a lot harder to get completely wasted.

soft drinks? not so much... thats just two dehydrating beverages instead of one.

Don't be an idiot and drink your self silly. That's the simple answer. No matter if the damage is short-term or long-term, its still a dumb idea. Very dumb. I'd say retarded, indicative of a person with sub-human IQ.