How can an organism survive in a black hole?

FROG3D

ultralord910 has to make an organism that survives in the white dwarf, I have to make one that survives in the black hole.

Can you guys give me any good ideas on how it can move in space when there's no air at all? Should it use a flagellum? (It's an unicellular organism) Also I'm wondering how it can get its energy. Should it convert thermal energy into body energy? How? Or should it just eat others of the same species? Also, I was wondering if quantum tunneling is a good idea for the organism to prevent itself from being sucked into the black hole too much? If not, is there a better idea?

Thank you! Please reply!

FROGGIE :)

you cannot observe survival in a black hole, you will be streched acrosss its event horizon and the very basis of observation, time and light is non existant.

you would have better luck looking for a green unicorn if you ask me

I am wondering what this course is you are doing?

Is it science? Obviously not. Sounds like fantasy to me.

Reminds me of the preface to Larry Niven's book; Flight of the Horse.

He states that he realised time travel was impossible. Thus any story about time travel had to be fantasy. This permitted him to include elements of pure fantasy and mythology into his time travel stories.

Any project about life in a white dwarf or a black hole is also clearly fantasy. Such life could not exist, except by calling on some hypothetical science that we might as well call magic.

The answer to your problem is the same as the answer to the white dwarf one. Life could not exist within, therefore it must exist without. There is nothing to prevent life existing in orbit around a black hole, clear of the event horizon. Black holes suck in matter - particles or gas - and radiation is emitted from the accelerating matter. This could be your life form's energy source.

Yeah, who asked you to think of such ridiculous things? It can't possibly be valuable in any real learning environment. It's just an exercise in the ludicrous. Not a single thing we can conceve of can live IN a black hole.

I am wondering what this course is you are doing?

Is it science? Obviously not. Sounds like fantasy to me. . . . . . . . The answer to your problem is the same as the answer to the white dwarf one. Life could not exist within' date=' therefore it must exist without. There is nothing to prevent life existing in orbit around a black hole, clear of the event horizon. Black holes suck in matter - particles or gas - and radiation is emitted from the accelerating matter. This could be your life form's energy source

[/quote']

He and Ultralord are in 9th grade Lance.

I'd agree that the critter could survive in obit around the hole, it could gain energy from radiation emitted from the accretion disc. A black hole would also attract a great deal of matter towards it, some could serve as a food source.

Yeah, who asked you to think of such ridiculous things? It can't possibly be valuable in any real learning environment. It's just an exercise in the ludicrous. Not a single thing we can conceive of can live IN a black hole..

They are in 9th grade, it’s just supposed to encourage the students to be creative and do research