What's your best pick-up line?

Genecks

"Excuse me, miss! I realize I'm standing a good fifteen feet away from you, but the last woman I tried to pick up had me arrested. I know now that I'm not supposed to actually, physically pick you up, that's a bad thing and I've paid my debt on that one. I've asked the waiter to bring over a piece of paper and a pen. What you write on the paper and how you get the paper to me will determine the course of any future we may have together."

My pick up line for my wife was a lot of heavy breathing.

We met at a Halloween costume party in 1980. I came as Darth Vader and she came as a clown. We didn't know what we each looked like until two days later.

My pick up line for my wife was a lot of heavy breathing.

We met at a Halloween costume party in 1980. I came as Darth Vader and she came as a clown. We didn't know what we each looked like until two days later.

did yuo wear the cosumes on your honey moon too?

Well... I've never had a girlfriend so my pick-up lines must not be very good. Anyway, here's a conversation I had with the girl I like.

Me: You're a beautiful angel.

Girl: (Smiles)

Girl's Friend: Wow! You have some good pick-up lines.

Me: Huh? Oh, that wasn't a pick-up line. I was just telling the truth.

Girl: Aww...

Assuming you know what the girl is going to say is the first step on the road to disaster, herme3. Never plan a battle past the first encounter.

What do you mean?

There were three people sitting at the table when I said that. Me, the girl I like, and one of the girl's best friends. I told the girl, "You're a beautiful angel." She didn't say anything, but she just smiled. Then the girl's friend told me, "Wow! You have some great pick-up lines." Then I replied, "Huh? Oh, that wasn't a pick-up line. I was just telling the truth." After that, the girl I like smiled again and said, "Aww..." Then that was the end of the conversation, and we started talking about something else.

What do you mean?

There were three people sitting at the table when I said that. Me' date=' the girl I like, and one of the girl's best friends. I told the girl, "You're a beautiful angel." She didn't say anything, but she just smiled. Then the girl's friend told me, "Wow! You have some great pick-up lines." Then I replied, "Huh? Oh, that wasn't a pick-up line. I was just telling the truth." After that, the girl I like smiled again and said, "Aww..." Then that was the end of the conversation, and we started talking about something else.[/quote']Then it really *wasn't* a line, was it? You posted it as though you were giving an answer to "What's your best pick-up line?" My point was that you can't anticipate what the girl is going to say exactly. If you do, your best line blows up in your face half the time.

What I mean is that a "line" is formulaic and yours was more like a script you hope the girl would follow. Now I know you were just reporting a conversation, not a pick-up line.

I'm glad it worked, btw.

Now I know you were just reporting a conversation, not a pick-up line.

Right, it was a conversation that really happened. I suppose the pick-up line part was, "You're a beautiful angel." Actually, I'm not really sure if it was a pick-up line or not. I guess it was the truth because I do think she looks like a beautiful angel...

I'm glad it worked, btw.

Well, I don't think it really worked because she never would go out on a date with me. But, it was still worth it just to see her smile! :)

Have you tried, "Would you go out on a date with me?"

Yes I did. She said "no" and warned me to never ask her again. Have you seen my thread named, "dating"? I go into a lot more detail there. It's a very long thread, and much of it's either insane or depressing so you probably don't want to read the whole thing. Just go to page 11 and post #219 for a brief explanation of what happened.

Yes I did. She said "no" and warned me to never ask her again.
Anything that starts out nice and ends in a stern warning and possible punitive action should be treated like a mother bear with cubs around. Just drop it and walk slowly away.

When it comes to human relationships, nothing is simple, you have to work at it, but no part of it should be that difficult either. An honest approach should never get you in trouble. If you've been told to lay off, lay off. Staying in that situation is a crutch, you know it will never progress and you can't get hurt any worse so you just keep banging your head against the wall because at least you know how to do that.

Change of pace. Go out, meet someone else, take a chance, make some more mistakes, get dirty, get bloody, have some fun, talk to other girls (but don't talk about the "angel" to them). Your only problem is that you're young and inexperienced. You've had no good experiences so it all seems overwhelming.

Ramble, ramble, ramble. Sorry. Pick a few of these pick up lines and go practice. Relationships are like ice skating. At first you fall down a lot but if you don't get up again your butt's going to get cold.

I kinda like this one. :) Its simple and if you follow it with "I promise to make you laugh", you would be in....
Yeah, it's like the line that isn't.

I have two that are extremely blunt and rather vulgar, and I've gotten hit (but not slapped) by some friends when I said them as a joke - and yes, they knew it was a joke and that I didn't mean it.

"You have 206 bones in your body; would you like another one?"

"That sweater is very becoming of you. If I were on you, I'd be *censored* too!"

Here's a good one that would invoke conversation:

What attributes and ideas do you think would create the next Great American Novel?

It may not be the best pick-up line, but it'd get the person to talk.

I assume it could draw out many talks.

Or this one:

Me: Is your name line?

Person: Excuse me?

Me: Is your name line?

Person: No.

Me: Oh, I have to pick-up line.

However, this next one is my personal favorite:

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were a piece of blueberry pie."

Crazy talk does wonders.

"Oh' date=' I'm sorry. I thought you were a piece of blueberry pie."

Crazy talk does wonders.[/quote']

HAH! I got that exact one in my direction once. Then the same guy asked me out on a graphing calculator a week later. It was so adorable...

So, here's one that I found quite entertaining that my friend used:

They were working together one day, and he strategically placed himself in the breakroom, pretending to read a newspaper. When the girl sat down in front of him, he pretended not to be able to breathe, gasping for air. The girl asked, "What's wrong?" and he replied, "You took my breath away."

He had a great mark on his face for the next 45 minutes from where her hand made swift contact...

So' date=' here's one that I found quite entertaining that my friend used:

They were working together one day, and he strategically placed himself in the breakroom, pretending to read a newspaper. When the girl sat down in front of him, he pretended not to be able to breathe, gasping for air. The girl asked, "What's wrong?" and he replied, "You took my breath away."[/quote']

Gee... Some people are just plain stupid.

He had a great mark on his face for the next 45 minutes from where her hand made swift contact...

Good. :cool:

Is it really that hard to meat a new girl? Talk about your surroundings or something you notice about her (make fun of something she's wearing, don't be like "nice hat"). You can't just throw canned lines around.

If all else fails, talk about the weather!

Gee... Some people are just plain stupid.
You really need to burn your whole play book. You have no skill set whatsoever.

I'm not saying this to be mean. You need practical, on-the-job training. You need to get out and date as much as possible. You need experience and you need it right away. Do NOT let past failures paralyze you. Throw off whatever mantle of past failure you're wearing that keeps you from asking other girls out.

You need to find out how other people live. You need to talk, just talk to women about stuff. Not about how much you adore them or think they look angelic. Not about what makes them tick or anything else you *think* they want to hear from you. You just need to talk. Keep it real. Keep it low-key. Listen more than you talk. There is no need to commiserate with their problems, just listen to them. You don't have to relate to what they are saying and you don't need to solve anything. You don't need to "know what they mean". You just need to be out with people, preferably women, or with mixed groups to see how other people get along.

Just remember that it gets better and you're not alone. Calm down, you've got time and a world full of people out there to practice with.

I'm with Phi on this. I used to be in your position, herme3, all the way up until college. Then the best bad thing to happen to me happened: my ex. I wound up in a long distance relationship going nowhere, and stayed in it for 4 years, because I was in the same state of pathetic desperation.

The effect of this has been very important: it meant I spent that entire time not on the lookout for a relationship (well, not much), learning to be social and to interact with women (attractive and otherwise) without any pressures of me trying to get them into bed. I actually developed social skills (or something approximating them), and felt confident talking to women. This confidence and ability paid in dividends when I met the woman who is now my fiancee; I was able to talk to her in a serious manner, or just have fun, without humping her leg like a desperate horny dog (or lizard, in this case).

My advice: kick back, relax, and realize none of this really matters that much. Once you do that, you'll find everything so much easier.

Mokele

My advice: kick back, relax, and realize none of this really matters that much. Once you do that, you'll find everything so much easier.
That's the part I shouldn't have left out. What you've encountered so far doesn't matter as much as you think it does. You have so little good or bad experience that every bit of it is blown out of proportion for you. A year from now you'll know a lot more. Three years from now you'll look back and wonder why it meant so much to you. It's all just life and learning and it's all valid but in the long run it doesn't really have the importance you're probably attaching to it. Mokele's right, just kick back, relax, go out and have fun.

i dont do pickup lines, thats what my roommate is for. all we have to do is say "jesse, go hit on em!"

one time my brother told him to go hit on some girls who were leaving a gas station and he ran out to the intersection where they were stopped, knocked on the window, and said something along the lines of "you come here often?"

others include working it into a fast food order, "yeah, ill have a number 2 with large fries, your phone number, and a coke, and my friend wants..."

and "am i gonna have to try really hard to get your phone number or do you just want to give it to me now?"

he also likes to use hand signals to get the numbers of girls with their windows rolled up (in the back seat of their parents suv).