travelling faster than the speed of light..

traveller

traveller said in post #1 :

now correct me if i'm wrong but a year ago or so some scientists discovered these tiny thingies that travell faster than the speed of light. now why not create some sort of a fiel of those thingies that surrounds a spacecraft?

I've never heard of such thingies. Unless you're talking about the fabled tachyons, but that's another ballpark.

traveller said in post #1 :

now correct me if i'm wrong but a year ago or so some scientists discovered these tiny thingies that travell faster than the speed of light. now why not create some sort of a fiel of those thingies that surrounds a spacecraft?

Most....scientific.....post....ever!

well...i haven't really kept up on the old relativity and particle physics and whatnot, but if memory serves me correct one of the consequences of eisteins work was that some equation he had stated that there are particles for wich the speed of light is the lower bound, so that such particles can never go slower than the speed of light. I don't really know anything else besides this except for the fact that einstien himself thought is result was kinda bogus. That is all