Whats the most painful thing you've ever experienced

blike

I'd have to say that the worst I've had (I'm pretty pain-free compared to some of you) was getting 8 novocaine injections in the mouth. My dentist was pretty over-enthusiastic with the novocaine... I was quite woozy afterwards.

Also I'm immune to the nitrous oxide, so that didn't help...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sithlordmike

Its kinda hard to remember but when i was like 2 i was learning to walk and i smashed my head into a coutertable and the corner hit my eye and i had to get stitches on it.

also me and my friends were playing a strange form of rugbe, with no scoring lol and i got the ball and for the first time i was able to keep a good hold on it, but the other five players started teaming up on me and one kid ran up as fast as he could and smack right into me and my face slamed right into the ground.

When I was five, I pulled out the top drawer of my dresser....all the way out....and it landed on my big toe. I had to go to the doctors, who had to pull the smashed nail out.....I've always been careful of drawers since... ;)

Bettina

• 1 year later...

I cut the tip of my thumb clean off right through the nail also last night. oddly that didn`t hurt at all, but the bleeding would Not stop and soaked 5 lots of dressings.

so they decided to cauterise it with Silver Nitrate.

I have Teeth marks in my leather jacket now, the pain is impossible to describe!

I actualy felt the pain in the one half of my Index finger, and that was totaly undamaged (no idea why that happened?).

I have Gout also, as anyone who`s had this will tell you, during an attack of it, it hurts more than a broken bone!

edit: this is the blade that chopped my thumb end off: http://shibazi.com/product/S601.htm

Pain. My worst have been in the last 2 months.

1. Trying to sit up after an open appendectomy before the morphine has kicked in. I know the Doc needs a hole big enough to put his hands in, but both feet as well? Now that hurt, but was a doddle compared to;

2. While recovering from the op, I walked and sat differently. This has caused a disc to bulge into muscles at the base of my spine. The first time it came on I was sitting on the floor watching TV and got a "numb bum" so I got up and sat in a chair and put my feet up. When I went to stand up..........

I've been kicked in the cobblers on more than one occasion, had an appendectomy, been bruised and burned but nothing nothing compared to that pain. For two days I was reduced to crawling around the house. Walking consisted of dragging myself vertical with my back to a wall and sliding sideways. I would not wish it on the lowest denizen of Hell.

I had a friend who pissed on an electric fence.

A number of people have done that or leant on one intentionally over recent years. There is anecdotal evidence that it kills the Ross River Fever Virus. (the only thing that does.)

dont EVER pull a charged external camera flash apart. it hurts. even the little ones, 68uf @ 300V. i was trying to make an effect for a party, have the flash tube triggered by a pressure mat... i got too close. lesson learned.

once i fell over skating, i got a piece of quartz jammed in my elbow, the muscle had crapmed around it.

i tend to go numb when i feel pain. is that adrenalin? when i fall off my bike i reach for my phone and wonder how my pocket got bloody. i just dont feel a thing, i have to go looking for my injuries.

as i ride home, i feel it, but when i start to clean it up it fades back out.

does anyone else get this or am i strange? i can look at my own wound while it gets stuff picked out of it and feel everything but pain. it seems to lurk in the back of my mind but it doesnt command my attention.

YT, i get phantom pains as well, i've been in pain in certain places and felt it in others, occasionally i hurt my arm and get a sharp pain in my side.

hmm lets see,

i had a tooth pulled but the anaesthetic hadn't kicked in yet. that was pretty painfull.

i dislocated my leg when snowblading down a mountain then tried to walk on it. not the best idea i've ever had. when they put it back in it hurt more than when it was dangling free. i'll never forget the sound it made.

Letseeee

* Battery acid in the eye (was maybe 12, it was from a D-cell battery, lots of drops and a good patch)

* Raid in the eye hurt a lot, was 6 I think (don't remember much other than the pain)

* the literal broad side of a barn put an eye patch on my eye for a while and put me in the hospital for a bit (5, and don't ask)

* toe nail in the eye, while underwater (pirate time again)

* hot pepper juice in the eye was pretty bad, but didn't quite make the list with acid and everything. (I don't remember much, again pretty young, I don't think I went pastafarian on this one)

PS: does listening to neil diamond count as emotional or physical pain, or both?

I'd have to say that the worst I've had (I'm pretty pain-free compared to some of you) was getting 8 novocaine injections in the mouth. My dentist was pretty over-enthusiastic with the novocaine... I was quite woozy afterwards.

Also I'm immune to the nitrous oxide' date=' so that didn't help...[/quote']

I had the same thing. I just don't like needles in my mouth. It's the oddest feeling ever.

I can't really remember anything else that was painful. It was either too deep or too clean to feel it, or hardly anything at all.

I had my finger cut by being hit by two boats (sandwich) but it cut to the bone and I didn't feel it really, it was wierd. got cool stitches for it though.

The only other would be stepping in a wasps nest and getting stung like 15 - 17 times (once on the tongue), but I was a kid at that time. Even so I don't remember it hurting that much, more of a shock to see so many wasps.

Then again I've been pretty safe, I am not too adventurous.

broke my left arm just below the wrist when i was 13. i broke it by hitting a pebble on one of those Razor scooters. the Razor took an instant turn' date=' but i was still going foreward. that one didn't hurt as much since my bones bent more than broke.

[/quote']

same thing happened to me about that age on a razor scooter from hitting a pebble. except i didnt break anything i just tore a ton of skin off one side of my hand. it was pretty gross you could see the muscle and it was all purple...

anyway it got infected and a couple times a day i had to scrape off pus from this open wound (yes i know its gross).

it hurt.

Had my first migraine last week. Without any painkillers, no less.
Ow :-( they plague me

My worst was when the nail of my big-toe was shattered in a soccer-accident and some of the shards got driven into the meat, but the real painful part was the painkiller injections just before the "surgery"; three of them, because they were slow to take effect.

Oh, when I was three or so I burned my hand grabbing onto a Fourth of July sparkler.

1. jalepeno juice to the eye.

2. trying to chew with my wisdom teeth out, seeing how bad it could be without the vitamin V.

3. getting the holes from my wisdom teeth cleaned out after something got stuck in them. may favorite phrase was "no, the pain killer isnt working yet." took him 3 tries.

I have a messed up stomach and I go in for tests on a regular basis. Most are okay except for the Abdominal CT. When they put the saline injection in my arm, at first everything is okay until it reaches my stomach. Then the pain starts and increases exponentially. By the end of it I'm usually crying and unable to talk for a while.

I have a messed up stomach and I go in for tests on a regular basis. Most are okay except for the Abdominal CT. When they put the saline injection in my arm, at first everything is okay until it reaches my stomach. Then the pain starts and increases exponentially. By the end of it I'm usually crying and unable to talk for a while.

awwwwwwww :-( *hugs*

Well, mine are the following:

1. Finger infection. It spread through all my fingers and one finger was really reddish and big...so i went to a doctor and he cut around my nail with a sharp object and i started bleeding and then i passed out...for a while. It was totally grose and very very painful for weeks.

2. When i was a baby, about 2 or 3 weeks old, i fell down from a tall table and hit the ground very hard. I don't remmember the pain, however my chest bone sinked in a bit, and apparently that's how i got my Pectus Excavatum.

There seem to be a few people that do not know pain. My daughter-in-law's brother is one such. After an accident, he could not stand or walk properly. It was examined and found to be broken. "Oh, is it? What should I do about it then? is all he said, and never mentioned it again.

As for me, I go with mouths and needles and having a dressing ripped of a half-healed wound.

Stitches with no anesthetic was quite painful, the hospital thought I was still drunk...I wasn't.

When I was a kid, I was on a roundabout...this was before they had that rubber matting, or wood chips incase you fell off. My Dad was spinning it and didn't realize I'd come off, but my reaction was to hang, so my body was dragged along the concrete, there was a lot of blood. (I'm sure I've posted that somewhere before.)

Another time was just after a hernia operation, got home, went to bed, woke up during the night throwing up and where my stomach was contracting it was pulling on the stitches (the ones that are like transparent masking tape.) I was heaving for a good half an hour, and my poor ex was in a frenzy, trying to help.

awwwwwwww :-( *hugs*

Well' date=' mine are the following:

1. Finger infection. It spread through all my fingers and one finger was really reddish and big...so i went to a doctor and he cut around my nail with a sharp object and i started bleeding and then i passed out...for a while. It was totally grose and very very painful for weeks.

2. When i was a baby, about 2 or 3 weeks old, i fell down from a tall table and hit the ground very hard. I don't remmember the pain, however my chest bone sinked in a bit, and apparently that's how i got my Pectus Excavatum.[/quote']

Wow I've never heard of that until now. Does it cause you pain today?

A few years ago I climbed onto a spiked fence, managed to stand on the top, then jumped off. However my jeans were caught on a spike so I just swung forward, hit my face on the concrete and broke my jaw. The initial pain wasn't as bad as it sounds but the pain of trying to eat and talk for a few weeks after was horrible. On principle I never touch liquidised food any more, too many bad memories.

However the worst has to be in my skateboarding days when I was about 15. Me and my friend would have this competetion to see who could skate all the way down a hill from the highest point. I was first to go and managed to get up to quite a high speed before going over a manhole cover that caught my wheels sending me straight off. I touched the concrete simaltanously with my face and hands and skidded for a metre or so (bear in mind I was only wearing shorts and a tee-shirt) managing to chip two of my teeth, breaking a finger and grazing almost all of of the front half of my body.

I was in too much shock to feel pain or even realise what happened but the the following weeks were horrible. Apart from the emotional pain of having fewer teeth and a disproportional face, the grazing had left horrible soars all over my face, legs and arms that kept on peeling of when I went to bed which was extremely painfull. I can tell you now it wasn't a nice experience