omfg rofl

ydoaPs

We were playing with airsoft guns around town tonight. We went to the park looking for my brother and Christina. Apparently, my brother thinks he owns the park and he and whoever he wants are the only people allowed there. He got in my face and threatened to beat us up. He knows that I'm not scared of him, so he threatened to have someone else beat us up. He saw that I still wasn't scared, so he called the cops and said we were shooting people with pellet guns and we had a victim under the bridge.

Before he calls the cops, we start to leave. Bill has to go to the bathroom, so he does and the rest of us get out of the car and play with the guns some more. The cops show up and make us put our hands in the air and turn around. We got citations for discharging firearms in a public park. We will be notified about when we have to appear in court.

You should not be surprised by the response.

If you discharged airsoft weapons in public in the UK you would find yourself surrounded by Armed Response Vehicles, and you'd almost certainly receive a fixed penalty.

You'd probably also be done under the Public Order Act for causing alarm, harrassment, or distress to whichever member of the public called it in. This would result in a nominal file being opened which would remain on police intelligence systems for at least 3 years.

In the uk it's an offence to have one loaded within a certain distance of a public highway, I can't recall how far, there re many websites on it though...

Oh and there's a good chance you could be arrested under anti-terrorism ledgislation :D We all love losing our civil liberties...

I read reports every single day of people who have been wandering around waving knives about or firing airsoft/pellet guns out of car windows. They are invariably surrounded by AFOs and arrested, and the less bright ones usually get the baton gun or taser used on them. Both of those hurt mightily.

Exactly why they do it is a mystery. Perhaps "on private land with the permission of the landowner" is just too much effort, or maybe "it was funny" outweighs "it's an offensive weapon" in their heads.

If you go to jail it's all Bill's bladder's fault. :D

At least you have the smarts not to act outraged. I've heard so many people in similar straits raging against the police that they have nothing better to do than pick on harmless teenagers with, you know, weapons.

"I *told* the cop we were just having some fun and weren't threatening anybody, but he still wouldn't believe me!" :rolleyes:

If I were you, I'd learn my lesson, do the mature thing and just put this incident behind me... after I Super Glued by brother's butt to a toilet seat.

I wish the rules were as stringent here; my sibs and they're punk associates are always bouncing around the street and park pelting eachother with the damn things, and me if I'm not careful to watch for them. Of course, in Arizona, they could be using real guns and no one would throw a fit.

Maybe he is not acting outraged, but titling the thread "omfg rofl" doesn't exactly indicate appreciation of civil responsibility.

what was funny was the fact that my brother was dumb enough to make up stuff so he could call the cops even when he assaulted us.

1)don't call the cops on someone after you assault them. that's just stupid.

2)airsoft guns don't leave victims laying under bridges. he could have come up with something better than that.

Do you get on with your bro?

Was he like really drunk or is it just a brotherly thing to threaten to get someone else to beat you (and your friends) up and then call the cops?

"omfg" to that part!

"rofl" to your bro, although I'll see if you get on with him before calling him a total idiot.

Do you get on with your bro?

Was he like really drunk or is it just a brotherly thing to threaten to get someone else to beat you (and your friends) up and then call the cops?

"omfg" to that part!

"rofl" to your bro' date=' although I'll see if you get on with him before calling him a total idiot.[/quote']

he like to be an arse. i'll just get a cell phone so from now on, every time he threatens us, i'll just call the po-po's.